Contracts Analyst - Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR)
Salt Lake City, UtahJob ID CS20211103-57971
What makes a successful Business and Operations team member at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
My favorite part of working for L3Harris is knowing that the parts that I procure go into products that help save lives.Lizzie, Procurement Associate, Rochester, NY
L3Harris Work Perks
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
TITLE: Contracts Analyst
JOB CODE: CNP3
LOCATION: Salt Lake City, UT Relocation is not offered at this time.
This position is responsible for conducting proposal preparation, pre-contract data collection, and administering, extending, negotiating and terminating standard and nonstandard government contracts.
- Preparing, negotiating, and administering a large volume of contracts of various types for a variety of customers.
- Ensuring contract acquisition and fulfillment in accordance with company policies, legal requirements, customer specifications, FAR, DFAR and ITAR.
- Reviewing RFPs; preparing proposals including engineering changes; performing associated negotiation and defining activities.
- Performing risk assessment of proposal/contract terms and conditions; formulating and executing strategies to minimize potential risks to the business.
- Working with customers, management, and program teams to resolve issues, secure approvals, and ensure successful contract execution.
- Serving as point of contact for the customer during all phases of a program.
- Generating and maintaining contract documentation.
- Must possess the ability to effectively interface at all levels of company management
- Must possess the ability to effectively interface with Government and other customer organizations
- Must have experience with risk assessment of proposals/contract terms and conditions and strategies to minimize potential risks to the business.
- Must possess excellent communications skills. Effectively communicate via formal letters complicated and sensitive subjects, possess proper email skills, and possess excellent verbal communication skills.
- Must be detailed oriented
- Must be able to work any shift, weekends, and overtime as required.
- Bachelor's degree AND 4 years’ experience in a Contracts Review related discipline
- 2 years experience with and in-depth knowledge of FAR and DFARS required and functional knowledge of SAP input and report generation.
- 2 years experience with reviewing RFPs, preparing proposals, negotiation, definitization and administration of contracts, DoD contracts preferred
- Able obtain and maintain a Secret US Security clearance
- This position does require the ability to travel as required. Up to 50%
Additional Preferred Qualifications:
- Masters Degree and 2 years directly related experience
- Experience with ITAR is preferred
- Active and Current Secret, or higher, US Security clearance
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.