Ceramic Manufacturing Process Engineer
Salt Lake City, UtahJob ID IMS20210804-59435
On the L3Harris team, your job is to secure the world. We don’t work here just for the advanced technology and equipment: We work here because we know what – and who – we’re protecting. From families to the intelligence community, and from our climate to our men and women in uniform – we’re making the world a safer place. Working in Software with L3Harris you'll join our team of qualified, diverse individuals and work in a fast-paced environment with high expectations, global scope, and a collaborative team setting.
What makes a successful Engineer at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Critical Thinker
- Detail Oriented
I love my job because every day there’s a new problem to tackle, a new skill to learn and an awesome team that has my back.Heather S., Engineer
L3Harris Work Perks
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Responsible for the development of a production level process for Textured Piezoceramics. Establish procedures and process controls to ensure a quality and cost-effective product.
- Hands on experience in laboratory workplace
- Interface with Production Manufacturing team to understand raw material specifications and roadmap alternative/substitution materials.
- Develop processes for the production all textured piezoceramic compositions.
- Evaluate and develop processes and procedures consistent with the company’s quality philosophy, including the use of statistical process control.
- Evaluates and initiates new methods, processes, materials and equipment to ensure a competitive position.
- Actively involved in generating manufacturing operations sheets in conjunction with production manager, materials planner and other engineering functions.
- Identifies existing and potential problems and initiates corrective action.
- Interfaces with other departments in a spirit of cooperation consistent with the overall objectives of the company.
- BS Ceramic Engineering, Material Science Engineering, or Chemical Engineering & a minimum of 4 years’ experience, or a Masters with 2 years’ experience in Materials Science, Materials Engineering, Ceramics Engineering, or related field including broad knowledge of engineering and production practices required.4 years of direct industry experience in ceramic processing, powder formulation and processing highly preferred.
- Candidate is be required to wear a half faced filtered mask, safety glasses and applicable PPE prescribed and provided by L3Harris Corporation.
- Must have excellent attention to detail and be able to accurately measure, record and analyze process/part data to ensure compliance with product specifications.
- Knowledge of MS office and database management.
- Understanding of the use and interpretation of data obtained using analytical equipment including XRD, SEM/EDS, FTIR, XRF, ICP and TGA/DTA.
- Be able to operate industrial machine and be able to keep accurate records.
General skills should include:
- Problem solving
- Team player but can work well individually, self-motivated
- Safety and Quality conscience
- Must be able to follow verbal & written communications.
- Works well with little supervision.
- Ceramic Tape Casting and Extrusion experience a plus
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Receives work instructions and can execute them with no supervision.
- Can follow work instructions and take accurate notes and fill out required paperwork.
- Maintains good quality of work while doing required production output.
- Records measurements and performs testing as per work instructions
- Maintain industrial machines and follow area cleaning requirements.
- Can work well with management.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.