Associate Software Engineer - C++ and Networking Technologies
Salt Lake City, Utah, San Diego, California
On the L3Harris team, your job is to secure the world. We don’t work here just for the advanced technology and equipment: We work here because we know what – and who – we’re protecting. From families to the intelligence community, and from our climate to our men and women in uniform – we’re making the world a safer place. Working in Software with L3Harris you'll join our team of qualified, diverse individuals and work in a fast-paced environment with high expectations, global scope, and a collaborative team setting.
- FULL TIME
- LEVEL: VARIES
- TRAVEL: NONE
- SALARY: VARIES
What makes a successful Software Engineer at L3Harris? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- CRITICAL THINKER
- DETAIL ORIENTED
I love my job because every day there’s a new problem to tackle, a new skill to learn and an awesome team that has my back.Heather S., Engineer
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $17 billion in annual revenue, 50,000 employees and customers in more than 130 countries. L3Harris.com
We are searching for a Software Engineer - C++ & Networking Technologies at our Salt Lake City, Utah location.
We are currently seeking Software Engineers who want to be a part of developing the next generation of innovative networking technologies for mobile ad-hoc wireless communications systems. The ideal candidate will have outstanding technical talent, is passionate about his or her work, and is entrepreneurial. He or she is excited by learning about and applying new technologies and communicates so that the excitement is contagious, and has a sense of ownership about his or her work.
- A bachelor's degree in CS/EE or a degree in a closely related field and 2+ years of software engineering experience. Advanced degrees preferred.
- Knowledge and understanding with C/C++ and understanding of modern object oriented design and architecture
- Knowledge and experience of embedded real-time software development (VxWorks/Linux)
- Computing Architecture and Operating Systems
- Good Communication Skills and work well in a team environment
Additionally, knowledge and experience in at least one of the following is preferable:
- Networking technologies in routing, switching, quality of service, the OSI model, Quagga, and emerging MANET technologies
- Knowledge of protocols such as RIP, OSPF, IP, Ethernet, and wireless communications
- Open source networking technologies (network stack, open flow, etc)
- Open source Linux development
- Low-level drivers and hardware interfaces such as PCIe
- Software defined systems, especially software-defined radios (e.g. GNU Radio)
- DevOps technologies such as virtualization, Docker, scripting, git, testing and automation
- Agile development methodology and Atlassian tools
- Machine learning, data analysis, and advanced algorithm design and development
- A very strong depth of knowledge in programming languages, compilers, and application execution
- Scalable high performance data management technologies (Cassandra, Kafka, MongoDB)
- Experience with Network Modeling and Simulation Tools both discrete event and real-time (QualNet, OPNet, Emane, NS3)
- Scripting Languages such as Python, Bash, Perl
- Networking Certifications from Cisco and/or Juniper
L3Harris Work Perks
Dress for your day
adoption cost benefit