Fraud Awareness Message
Fraudsters have been known to attempt to use our name to trick job seekers with fake employment opportunities. This type of scam is normally carried out through fake websites, job postings, chat applications, or email accounts claiming to be from L3Harris. To help spot these scams, remember that during our formal recruitment process, L3Harris will NOT (1) ask you for money; (2) offer to send you a check before doing any work; (3) require you to provide sensitive personal information early in the process or sensitive information about your previous employer; (4) send you emails from free commercial services (e.g. Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail).
If you have been contacted by anyone representing themselves as being from L3Harris and are concerned about their legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at staffing@L3Harris.com .
If you believe you have been scammed, contact local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission here. L3Harris has no responsibility for fraudulent job offers and advises candidates to follow the guidance provided above.
Assoc Mgr, Engrg Management
Salt Lake City, UtahJob ID CS20222111-93738
On the L3Harris team, your job is to secure the world. We don’t work here just for the advanced technology and equipment: We work here because we know what – and who – we’re protecting. From families to the intelligence community, and from our climate to our men and women in uniform – we’re making the world a safer place. Working with the L3Harris's engineering team, you'll join our team of qualified, diverse individuals and work in a fast-paced environment with high expectations, global scope, and a collaborative team setting.
What makes a successful Systems Engineer at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Problem Solver
Flexible work schedule, paid overtime, cool technology, no micromanagement, nice campus, fun co-workersSystems Engineer
L3Harris Work Perks
- Medical with a High Deductible and traditional PPO plan options, as well as, vision and a full array of supplemental health benefits
- A doctors' service to help with referrals and second opinions for you, your family, and parents
- 4 weeks of paid parental leave for moms and dads
- Fertility treatment
- Subsidized backup childcare and eldercare
- Adoption assistance - $5,000 per adoption/$15,000 per employee
- Pet insurance
- No cap to your PTO time (for exempt employees)
- Dress for your day - wear what works for you at work
- Legal plan for you, your family, and parents
- Discount platform
- 9/80 work schedule available for most U.S. employees, effective October 24, 2022.
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across space, air, land, sea and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 47,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Associate Manager – Engineering, Systems Manufacturing
Job Code: CS20222111-93738
Job Location: Salt Lake City, Utah
This position is for an Associate Engineering Technical Manager within the Systems Manufacturing organization. Supervises individual(s) typically consisting of professionals or lower level supervisors. Leads, directs and reviews the work of direct report(s) to accomplish near-term operational plans and results. Provides input on hiring, firing, promotion, performance and/or compensation decisions for own organization. Reports to Manager or higher. Responsible for the oversight of day-to-day work cell technical subjects with an emphasis on driving problems to resolution to exceed customer expectations. Successful candidate must be a self-starter and highly familiar with all levels of program management, systems engineering, production control, test engineering, manufacturing assembly, test execution and end customer requirements. Candidate must be capable of understanding policies and procedures and executing them in a manufacturing setting. Candidate must possess the ability to communicate in a positive and persuasive manner, supporting departmental organizations.
- Responsible for organizational leadership of manufacturing engineering teams in their support of manufacturing work cell areas.
- Support consists of build and test process implementation, execution, sustainment and most importantly process improvement to support budgetary and schedule driven savings through the life cycle of a product.
- Focus and lead engineering teams in (RC) root-cause driving (CA) corrective action solutions through Engineering Special Forces and (FRB) Failure Review Board functions while engaging product requirement owners such as Test Engineering, Systems/Development Engineering and Program Management.
- The candidate may facilitate self-directed work teams, provide training in "core skills" areas to team members and peers, and interact with internal and external customers with respect to product planning, problem resolution, and process improvement.
- The candidate should be able to assist in the development of, performance metrics in key areas such as Quality, Cost and Schedule.
- The candidate should be able to analyze such metrics and be able to identify trends and provide corrective action when applicable
- Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree with a minimum 6 years prior relevant experience. Graduate Degree with a minimum of 4 years of prior related experienc
- Management and leadership knowledge in job area. Typically has comprehensive knowledge and skills within a specific technical or professional discipline and may have broad understanding of other areas within the job function
- DOD Secrete Clearance is desired, the ability to obtain a DOD Secret Clearance is required.
- Requires manufacturing and test process background as well as direct work experience.
- Prior supervisory experience in a manufacturing team environment required.
- Background in systems engineering, test engineering, manufacturing engineering, mechanical assembly and electrical experience desired.
- Experience with cost account management, program schedule and finance management required.
- Experience working with engineering and program management teams required.
- Familiarity with Team Center, engineering documents and planning processes.
- Familiarity with SAP ME, manufacturing documents and planning processes.
- Ability to manage in a production manufacturing environment with responsibilities to schedules, budgets and quality objectives.
- Possess strong leadership skills and people skills.
- Baility to hyper communicate with influence across functional organizational leadership.
- Possess the ability to multi-task and perform his or her duties in a high-pressure atmosphere.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook and Power Point)
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.