L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
- Responsible for assembling and handling products, equipment and materials per engineering and company's quality system procedures.
- Assemble chassis level builds, including backplane, wiring, cable build from drawings, and other top level assembly.
- Works from test procedures, work instructions, diagrams and drawings, makes initial layouts, and uses hand and/or power tools
- May conduct quality inspections on processing line in accordance with quality specifications
- Understanding of fiber optic handling and care as it pertains to assembling into product.
- Route, comb, twist, wrap, tie and attach wire to terminal points, according to layout, using soldering iron and hand tools.
- Connect wiring to accessories, such as connectors, circuit breakers, plugs and switches and install accessory assemblies in electrical or electronic units, using soldering iron and hand tools.
- Conducts functional and continuity tests of electrical assemblies, components, wire harness and plugs, using ohmmeter, test lights and other electrical testing instruments.
- Follow company procedures for corrective action. Notify Production supervisor if a defect or manufacturability issue is identified to obtain guidance and assistance in resolving the problem.
Responsible for following procedures for product assembly/fabrication, equipment operation and sound safety requirements as documented in the company's quality system
Qualifications: (refer to Career Framework)
- High School Diploma or equivalent and a minimum of 6 years of prior relevant experience or 2 years post-Secondary/Associates Degree with a minimum of 2 years of prior related experience.
- Ability to work under limited supervision
Preferred Additional Skills:
Knowledge in IPC acceptance criteria
Mechanical assembly experience
Lean Manufacturing & Kaizen experience
Computer proficiency with working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
Experience with SAP ERP management system
DoD Secret Clearance
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.