Fraud Awareness Message
Fraudsters have been known to attempt to use our name to trick job seekers with fake employment opportunities. This type of scam is normally carried out through fake websites, job postings, chat applications, or email accounts claiming to be from L3Harris. To help spot these scams, remember that during our formal recruitment process, L3Harris will NOT (1) ask you for money; (2) offer to send you a check before doing any work; (3) require you to provide sensitive personal information early in the process or sensitive information about your previous employer; (4) send you emails from free commercial services (e.g. Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail).
If you have been contacted by anyone representing themselves as being from L3Harris and are concerned about their legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at staffing@L3Harris.com .
If you believe you have been scammed, contact local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission here. L3Harris has no responsibility for fraudulent job offers and advises candidates to follow the guidance provided above.
Tactical Systems Operator (TSO) Instructor
Rockwall, TexasJob ID IMS20222805-83196
What makes a successful Business and Operations team member at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
My favorite part of working for L3Harris is knowing that the parts that I procure go into products that help save lives.Lizzie, Procurement Associate, Rochester, NY
L3Harris Work Perks
- Medical with a High Deductible and traditional PPO plan options, as well as, vision and a full array of supplemental health benefits
- A doctors' service to help with referrals and second opinions for you, your family, and parents
- 4 weeks of paid parental leave for moms and dads
- Fertility treatment
- Subsidized backup childcare and eldercare
- Adoption assistance - $5,000 per adoption/$15,000 per employee
- Pet insurance
- No cap to your PTO time (for exempt employees)
- Dress for your day - wear what works for you at work
- Legal plan for you, your family, and parents
- Discount platform
- 9/80 work schedule available for most U.S. employees, effective October 24, 2022.
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across space, air, land, sea and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 47,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Sr. Spec. Technical Training (TSO Instructor)
Requisition Number: IMS20222805-83196
Position Location: Rockwall, Texas
The Training Center Instructor Tactical Systems Operator (TSO) trains tactical airborne special intelligence (SI) operators to use mission management and communication suites in conjunction with precision geo-location (PGL) equipment and software to facilitate collection and dissemination of SI information in direct support of the Ground Force Commander.
Candidates will perform classroom instructor duties at stateside training center as well as occasional flight duties OCONUS as both an instructor and primary flight crewmember across all aircraft platforms and organization locations.
Qualified candidates will have extensive experience as a TSO in ground operations, assault force TTP’s, Close Air Support (CAS), real-time tactical radio communications and the ability to work both independently and in a team environment. The Instructor TSO must have experience with courseware or curriculum development as well as Tactical Systems Emulator (TSE) facilitation and scenario building. The Instructor TSO will be knowledgeable in approved baseline and task force approved SI TTPs, Mode Theory, Crew Resource Management (CRM), Close Air Support (CAS), and real-time tactical radio and internet relay chat (IRC) communications. The Instructor TSO candidate will also possess the ability to translate all program points of instruction and performance into a clear concise model for a potential student to understand.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Maintains qualification and proficiency required to execute applicable training programs
- Conduct training and flight activities in accordance with all governing directives
- Maintains a high level of subject knowledge, instruction capability, and expertise
- Develop, prepare and deliver a course of instruction and evaluate training to meet current and evolving needs in a classroom and operational environment
- Design, develop and deliver cohesive real-world training situational-based scenarios that will be incorporated into C3ISR aircrew training programs
- Conducts briefings, debriefings and counseling to aircrew members for the purpose of developing and maintaining a high level of proficiency
- Performs administrative duties relative to training such as interfacing with using organization, record keeping, monitoring student progress and counseling
- Provides inputs for courseware corrections, modifications and updates training policies and procedures
- Additional duties as required
Knowledge, Skills and Ability:
- Demonstrated technical knowledge on core procedures
- Standard TSO mission suites (NCoS, LSCoS, DRT)
- Special Mission TSO suites (MA/SF)
- Radios (PRC-117 and ARC-231)
- Security/Courier procedures
- Microsoft Windows and MS Office Familiarity
- Ability to perform operational troubleshooting and maintenance of system equipment
- Ability to clearly relay information, both verbally and written
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions
- Working knowledge of Tactical ISR fundamentals and Air Space de-confliction
- Working knowledge of SIGINT fundamentals and Mode Theory/Application
- Proficient with In-Flight Guide (IFG), MSN system start-ups and checklist operations
- Working knowledge of instructional principles and theories
- TSO Flight Instructor
- Mode Instructor
- TSE Facilitator
- 2+ years’ with L3Harris
- Experience at multiple L-3H locations desired
Education, Licensing, Certification Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree with Seven (7) years related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience required
- Current and Qualified 613X series Special Design Engineer
- Must be able to pass CRC
- US Citizenship
- Valid FAA Class III Medical Certificate
- Valid US Passport
- Valid State Driver's License
- TS/SCI DOD clearance
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.