Fraud Awareness Message
Fraudsters have been known to attempt to use our name to trick job seekers with fake employment opportunities. This type of scam is normally carried out through fake websites, job postings, chat applications, or email accounts claiming to be from L3Harris. To help spot these scams, remember that during our formal recruitment process, L3Harris will NOT (1) ask you for money; (2) offer to send you a check before doing any work; (3) require you to provide sensitive personal information early in the process or sensitive information about your previous employer; (4) send you emails from free commercial services (e.g. Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail).
If you have been contacted by anyone representing themselves as being from L3Harris and are concerned about their legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at staffing@L3Harris.com .
If you believe you have been scammed, contact local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission here. L3Harris has no responsibility for fraudulent job offers and advises candidates to follow the guidance provided above.
Systems Engineering Senior Specialist
Rockwall, TexasJob ID IMS20222209-90874
On the L3Harris team, your job is to secure the world. We don’t work here just for the advanced technology and equipment: We work here because we know what – and who – we’re protecting. From families to the intelligence community, and from our climate to our men and women in uniform – we’re making the world a safer place. Working with the L3Harris's engineering team, you'll join our team of qualified, diverse individuals and work in a fast-paced environment with high expectations, global scope, and a collaborative team setting.
What makes a successful Systems Engineer at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Problem Solver
Flexible work schedule, paid overtime, cool technology, no micromanagement, nice campus, fun co-workersSystems Engineer
L3Harris Work Perks
- Medical with a High Deductible and traditional PPO plan options, as well as, vision and a full array of supplemental health benefits
- A doctors' service to help with referrals and second opinions for you, your family, and parents
- 4 weeks of paid parental leave for moms and dads
- Fertility treatment
- Subsidized backup childcare and eldercare
- Adoption assistance - $5,000 per adoption/$15,000 per employee
- Pet insurance
- No cap to your PTO time (for exempt employees)
- Dress for your day - wear what works for you at work
- Legal plan for you, your family, and parents
- Discount platform
- 9/80 work schedule available for most U.S. employees, effective October 24, 2022.
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across space, air, land, sea and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 47,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Systems Engineering Senior Specialist
Job Location: Rockwall, Texas
You will be performing systems engineering functions as part of an Agile development team on a Department of Defense (DoD) technology program for the ComCept division within L3Harris' Agile Development Group. Responsibilities will broadly include requirements definition, decomposition, refinement, and prioritization; system design, architecting, analysis, integration, testing, documentation, and configuration management of work products utilizing CI/CD pipelines, targeting cloud platforms. This will involve being creative and innovative to debug integration and test issues you will encounter. Your contributions will also impact other projects in the portfolio. Interactions with our customers and their representatives may be involved. Additional responsibilities may include leading and tasking a small team of Systems Engineers. You will be part of a great team that will be fast-moving, always interested in the best technical solution, and always open to new ideas that make the products better for our customer.
- Working in support of Agile Scrum software development
- Working with (or as) an Agile Product Owner to define, decompose, and prioritize system requirements and acceptance criteria
- Component level and system level architecture definition
- Developing, authoring, and implementing system test plans in system integration lab
- Participating in implementation of automated test tools and automated test infrastructure
- Working with cloud technologies (containers on Kubernetes)
- Evaluating automated testing results and recommend improvement opportunities
- Working primarily on-site, including in secure areas
- Configuration management
- Some travel (< 20%) may be necessary
- Ability to obtain and maintain a DoD Secret Security Clearance
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related STEM field
- Minimum 6 years related experience (or 4+ years related experience and post-grad degree)
- Experience with Agile software development processes
- Ability to work independently or in small teams
- Experience developing, authoring, and implementing system test plans in system integration lab
- Experience with MBSE & SysML
- Experience with cloud technologies (containers on Kubernetes)
- Experience of Linux fundamentals and scripting
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Familiarity with any/all of the following
- Development, build and continuous integration environments (ex. GitLab)
- Container formats (ex. Docker, Kubernetes)
- Agile development tools (ex. Jira, Confluence)
- MBSE tools
- DevSecOps principles and CI/CD tools (ex. Gitlab, Jenkins)
- Design and testing of message oriented distributed systems
- Experience collaborating and integrating with customers, primes, and other partner organizations
- Current DoD Secret security clearanceEffective oral and written communication, as well as excellent listening skills
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.