Fraud Awareness Message
Fraudsters have been known to attempt to use our name to trick job seekers with fake employment opportunities. This type of scam is normally carried out through fake websites, job postings, chat applications, or email accounts claiming to be from L3Harris. To help spot these scams, remember that during our formal recruitment process, L3Harris will NOT (1) ask you for money; (2) offer to send you a check before doing any work; (3) require you to provide sensitive personal information early in the process or sensitive information about your previous employer; (4) send you emails from free commercial services (e.g. Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail).
If you have been contacted by anyone representing themselves as being from L3Harris and are concerned about their legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at staffing@L3Harris.com .
If you believe you have been scammed, contact local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission here. L3Harris has no responsibility for fraudulent job offers and advises candidates to follow the guidance provided above.
Systems Engineering Manager
Rockwall, TexasJob ID IMS20220612-94350
On the L3Harris team, your job is to secure the world. We don’t work here just for the advanced technology and equipment: We work here because we know what – and who – we’re protecting. From families to the intelligence community, and from our climate to our men and women in uniform – we’re making the world a safer place. Working with the L3Harris's engineering team, you'll join our team of qualified, diverse individuals and work in a fast-paced environment with high expectations, global scope, and a collaborative team setting.
What makes a successful Systems Engineer at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Problem Solver
Flexible work schedule, paid overtime, cool technology, no micromanagement, nice campus, fun co-workersSystems Engineer
L3Harris Work Perks
- Medical with a High Deductible and traditional PPO plan options, as well as, vision and a full array of supplemental health benefits
- A doctors' service to help with referrals and second opinions for you, your family, and parents
- 4 weeks of paid parental leave for moms and dads
- Fertility treatment
- Subsidized backup childcare and eldercare
- Adoption assistance - $5,000 per adoption/$15,000 per employee
- Pet insurance
- No cap to your PTO time (for exempt employees)
- Dress for your day - wear what works for you at work
- Legal plan for you, your family, and parents
- Discount platform
- 9/80 work schedule available for most U.S. employees, effective October 24, 2022.
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across space, air, land, sea and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 47,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Systems Engineering Manager
Req #: IMS20220612-94350
Job Location: Rockwall, Texas
The L3 Harris ComCept division is a results-driven organization with an “employee-first” mindset, focused on innovation and delivery of quality products and services to our customers. We are experiencing rapid growth due to increasing market share, which offers qualified candidates excellent career advancement potential.
This Systems Engineering Manager position will include providing both functional and technical support to the System Engineering organization at ComCept, as detailed below. Though the actual percentages may vary from day to day, the ideal balance between functional and technical support would be 50%/50%.
- Have a strong desire to help others succeed and toward team building.
- Provide training, career development planning, and performance evaluations of SE personnel
- Ensure time-keeping processes are followed and approved for Systems Engineer personnel each week.
- Provide forecasting with regards to SE staffing needs and hiring.
- Provide assigning Systems Engineers to complete detailed tasks on each program.
- Provide the management of projects, including budgets and schedules.
- Provide the development of Systems Engineers related technical competencies across the company.
- Ensure compliance to company specified HR policies.
- Participate in proposal activities, including the development and validation of bases of estimates.
- Ensure department and company standards, best practices, and processes are followed.
- Ensure the collection and analysis of engineering metrics are executed.
- Provide Systems Engineering technical support as needed (e.g., develop engineering process, requirements management, system architecture development, modeling, verification/validation testing).
- Assist in technical training as needed (e.g., help with course development and teaching)
- Lead the way for technical collaboration (e.g., interteam, cross division, industry).
- This position will also be responsible for promoting collaboration across multiple functions and business areas and be able to mentor engineers within the organization.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a DoD Top Secret Clearance.
- A Bachelors’ Degree in Computer Science/ Engineering, System Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or other related degree required and nine (9) years of related experience or Graduate Degree and seven (7) years of related experience.
- 2+ years management and direct leadership experience.
- Strong engineering leadership experience
- Experience in proposal development and preparing defendable Basis of Estimates
- Working knowledge of Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
Preferred Additional Skills:
- M.S. degree in System Engineering.
- Leadership experience in the Defense Industry with software lifecycle and systems integration experience.
- Experience with System Engineering in a DoD environment.
- Experience with Cloud Architectures.
- Experience with Agile software development.
- Experience with Model Based System Engineering (MBSE).
- Strong written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.