Sr Spec, System Engineering
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $17 billion in annual revenue, 50,000 employees and customers in more than 130 countries. L3Harris.com
Perform as part of a team that supports the requirements, design, development, test, and integration of complex, specialized hardware/software systems installed on ground and airborne ISR and communication platforms. Strong avionics experience expected.
Position requires travel 20% of the time.
- Perform Engineering trade studies on existing and new product technologies
- Integrate and test, wideband and narrowband communication and datalinks
- Translate requests of the customer into system level requirements
- Write subsystem specifications based on system level requirements
- Evaluate alternative solutions and establish preliminary system design
- Review and evaluate electrical wiring diagrams to ensure design details trace to system requirements
- Prepare effective presentations to communicate technical network information to non-technical professionals
- Have experience developing, authoring, and implementing software and system test plans in ateam environment
- Bachelor's degree in a technical or engineering field (EE, ME, CS, Physics) and a minimum of 5 years of relevant experience
- DoD Top Secret Clearance with eligibility for TS/SCI, requires US Citizenship
- Experience with FMS systems, autopilot systems, radar altimeter, IFF transponders, TCAS and NAV radios and aircraft intercommunication systems
- Aircraft optical sensor system experience with integration and ground/ flight test support
- Experience with obtaining and maintaining a government network ATO (Authorization to Operate)
- Excellent written, oral, and presentation communication skills
- Experience working with subcontractors and US Government customers
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Hands-on experience with testing, integrating, and verifying hardware and/or software
- Experience developing, authoring, and implementing system test plans in a team environment
- Familiarity with ARINC 429, 1553, RS232/422, Ethernet, and other serial protocols
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.