Fraud Awareness Message
Fraudsters have been known to attempt to use our name to trick job seekers with fake employment opportunities. This type of scam is normally carried out through fake websites, job postings, chat applications, or email accounts claiming to be from L3Harris. To help spot these scams, remember that during our formal recruitment process, L3Harris will NOT (1) ask you for money; (2) offer to send you a check before doing any work; (3) require you to provide sensitive personal information early in the process or sensitive information about your previous employer; (4) send you emails from free commercial services (e.g. Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail).
If you have been contacted by anyone representing themselves as being from L3Harris and are concerned about their legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at staffing@L3Harris.com .
If you believe you have been scammed, contact local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission here. L3Harris has no responsibility for fraudulent job offers and advises candidates to follow the guidance provided above.
Software Engineering Manager
Rockwall, TexasJob ID IMS20220308-88030
On the L3Harris team, your job is to secure the world. We don’t work here just for the advanced technology and equipment: We work here because we know what – and who – we’re protecting. From families to the intelligence community, and from our climate to our men and women in uniform – we’re making the world a safer place. Working in Software with L3Harris you'll join our team of qualified, diverse individuals and work in a fast-paced environment with high expectations, global scope, and a collaborative team setting.
What makes a successful Engineer at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Critical Thinker
- Detail Oriented
I love my job because every day there’s a new problem to tackle, a new skill to learn and an awesome team that has my back.Heather S., Engineer
L3Harris Work Perks
- Medical with a High Deductible and traditional PPO plan options, as well as, vision and a full array of supplemental health benefits
- A doctors' service to help with referrals and second opinions for you, your family, and parents
- 4 weeks of paid parental leave for moms and dads
- Fertility treatment
- Subsidized backup childcare and eldercare
- Adoption assistance - $5,000 per adoption/$15,000 per employee
- Pet insurance
- No cap to your PTO time (for exempt employees)
- Dress for your day - wear what works for you at work
- Legal plan for you, your family, and parents
- Discount platform
- 9/80 work schedule available for most U.S. employees, effective October 24, 2022.
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across space, air, land, sea and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 47,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Software Engineering Manager
Req #: IMS20220308-88030
Job Location: Rockwall, Texas
Our ComCept division is a results-driven organization with an “employee-first” mindset, focused on innovation and delivery of quality products and services to our customers. We are experiencing rapid growth due to increasing market share, which offers qualified candidates excellent career advancement potential.
This position provides the functional management responsibilities for a group of software engineering personnel. This position will be responsible for personnel management and career development in a matrix organization and should have a strong desire to help others succeed
- Plan, develop, and coordinate employee training and professional development requirements.
- Perform management activities for employees in the group, including performance reviews, career development, resource allocation, and recognition.
- Develop and improve engineering processes applicable to the department.
- Promote and collaborate across multiple functions and business areas and be able to mentor engineers within the organization.
- Support collection and analysis of metrics related to software performance, along with associated process improvements.
- Develop the technical competence in staff to close skill gaps and to achieve satisfactory succession planning.
- Work closely with program leadership to assign individuals who will perform detailed tasks on each program.
- Forecast staffing needs, hiring, training, career development planning, and any disciplinary activities.
- Assist with management of departmental project and overhead budgets.
- Support proposal activities, including development and validation of bases of estimates.
- Support development of department standards, best practices and processes for the Engineering organization, enforcing their application, and capturing and codifying tacit knowledge.
- Meet company specified goals flowed down from executive management.
- This position requires the ability to obtain and maintain a US DoD Security Clearance.
- A Bachelors’ degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or other related degree required and nine (9) years of related experience or a Graduate Degree and a minimum of 7 years of related experience.
- Engineering leadership experience, preferably in the defense industry, with software lifecycle and system integration experience.
- Experience in proposal development and preparing defendable Basis of Estimates.
- Experience with Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
Preferred Additional Skills:
- M.S. degree in Computer Science or related advanced degree preferred.
- Exposure to or experience with cloud architectures
- Exposure to or experience with Agile software development
- Strong written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Experience or certification as a Scrum Master
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.