On the L3Harris team, your job is to secure the world. We don’t work here just for the advanced technology and equipment: We work here because we know what – and who – we’re protecting. From families to the intelligence community, and from our climate to our men and women in uniform – we’re making the world a safer place. Working in Software with L3Harris you'll join our team of qualified, diverse individuals and work in a fast-paced environment with high expectations, global scope, and a collaborative team setting.
- FULL TIME
- LEVEL: VARIES
- TRAVEL: NONE
- SALARY: VARIES
What makes a successful Software Engineer at L3Harris? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- CRITICAL THINKER
- DETAIL ORIENTED
I love my job because every day there’s a new problem to tackle, a new skill to learn and an awesome team that has my back.Heather S., Engineer
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Software Engineer
Job Code: IMS20202608-49894
Job Location: Rockwall, TX
L3Harris ComCept is seeking a Software Engineer who enjoys solving new problems in creative ways, working well both independently and collaboratively. This position requires practical knowledge in software development and can work under moderate supervision to set objectives for own job. Our Software Engineers collaborate within their team and with other teams to share best practices, drive innovation, and solve larger problem sets. All team members are encouraged to drive innovation in the technology and processes within their job area, team, and department to make a successful impact on our end-users.
- Creating software to analyze of large data streams, automate the requests for additional data collection, and distilling the results into understandable nuggets of information
- Developing analytics for large heterogeneous data sets
- Being creative and innovative in complex data processing in decentralized and distributed cloud native systems
- Working with end-users to make sure analytics transform data to knowledge in very focused and meaningful ways
- Collaborating with a fast-moving team, interested in the best technical solution, and open to new ideas that make our customers’ products even better
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Physics, or Mathematics or related field with two (2) years of related experience. An equivalent combination of education and experience may also be considered.
- Strong communication skills, including written, oral, and listening
- Experience and interest in working in a small team of developers
- Position requires the ability to obtain and maintain a DOD Top Security/SCI Clearance, which requires U.S. Citizenship.
- Must have working knowledge of programming skills in object-oriented languages
- Basic understanding of networking and messaging
- Familiarity with Linux
- Ability to design and communicate technical/algorithmic solutions to problems spaces, both simple and complex
- Ability to solve problems collaboratively and creatively
- Interest in learning about NoSQL Databases (e.g., Accumulo), distributed search (e.g., ElasticSearch, Solr), and distributed systems design
- Interest with Git and Agile Team Collaboration Tools (e.g., JIRA, Confluence, Bitbucket)
- Interest or familiarity in Docker and Kubernetes
- Basic understanding of Unit Testing
- Net core, C++, Java, Python
- Web development: React , Redux
- Cloud AWS, Azure, Google Cloud, private clouds.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.
L3Harris Work Perks
Dress for your day
adoption cost benefit