Human Resources/Compensation Intern/Co-op (Summer 2021- Rockwall, TX)
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Human Resources/Compensation Intern/Co-op (Summer 2021 – Rockwall, TX)
Job Code: IMS20202210-52090
Job Location: Rockwall, TX
- Have a strong understanding and knowledge of business analytics to enable and influence leaders to make sound talent decisions and promote employee engagement and healthy/positive/productive employee relations
- Partner with client groups to build and execute upon talent plans in achievement of overall business strategy, objectives and goals
- Identify and diagnose issues proactively and develop, recommend and implement root cause solutions that enhance employee engagement/experience and business results in a timely manner
- Participate and/or lead projects and special initiatives within and outside the HR function as assigned
- Promote high professional standards, positive interpersonal relationships and demonstrates L3Harris core values
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Management, Business Intelligence or equivalent area
- HR generalist experience via 1-2 summer internships, with increasing scope and responsibility
- GPA of 3.0 or greater
- Strong analytical skills, excel experience, Tableau or Business Intelligence experience, etc.
- Possess a technical background in data visualization, data architecture and analytics.
- Experience in data modeling (ER diagrams, database design) for ad-hoc, visualization, and analytical applications.
- Some experience/familiarity with Performance Management, Compensation, and Organizational/Management Development
- Strong communication, interpersonal, influencing, coaching and consulting skills
- Ability to link situations to the bigger picture; ability to identify root cause and underlying issues
- Demonstrated attention to detail
- Efficiency in MS Office software products like Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to work as a solid contributing member of a team as well as operate independently
- Effectively interact will all levels of management
- Experience working in a matrixed environment
- Proficiency in HRIS systems such as PeopleSoft
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.