Business and Strategy Development Manager (SOF and Apertures)
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Business and Strategy Development Manager (SOF and Apertures)
Job Code: IMS20201809-50780
Job Location: Rockwall, TX
This position will report to the Director of Strategic Operations and Business Development and will be responsible for identifying and developing new business opportunities and driving collaborative relationships with DoD and Industry customers as it relates to company core competencies in C4ISR, advanced sensor, system-of-system networking, data management, operational intelligence planning and employment, and advanced aperture solutions.
- Be a key contributor and driver in meeting the Annual Operating Plan goals and objectives.
- Assess opportunities, developing a plan and managing the proposal process, developing/proposing the pricing strategies for new business to achieve designated goals.
- Manage all phases of capture management, opportunity analysis (through disciplined gate process), budget management, and technical assessment while identifying key discriminators and teaming/partnerships, etc.
- Drive BD processes to ensure proper communications/approvals are in place across the organization and in compliance with corporate goals/processes.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical or Aerospace Engineering, a closely related field may be considered.
- 15 years of experience in SOF or Aviation activities. An equivalent combination of education and experience may also be considered.
- Ability to travel 50% of the time
- Excellent leadership skills
- Ability to deliver excellent customer service
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Exceptional presentation skills as well as written and verbal communication skills
- Flexibility to work on short notice, overtime, evenings, weekends, and holidays as needed
- Position requires an active DoD Top Secret Security with SCI eligibility, which requires U.S. Citizenship.
- Current experience in Headquarters SOJTF and/or major or combatant command G3/J3 or G2/J2, and experience planning, implementing, and/or executing intelligence/reconnaissance, operations, and collection solutions in the operational environments
- Ability to interface with lobbyists and legislative affairs personnel by clearly articulating program, system, and product capabilities, performance, and impacts in terms that they can understand and act on
- Experience and proven track record in the capture of new business opportunities
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Active SCI security clearance
- Master’s Degree in a technical or management field
- Experience on Special Operations and/or ground recon intelligence systems
- Experience with Multi-Domain Operations concepts, and Joint All-Domain Command and Control
- SOF Legislative Liaison experience
- SOF and national intelligence community experience
- International Affairs experience
- Deployment experience
- SOCOM or USASOC direct experience
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.