Electronic Technicians-Multiple Opportunities
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $17 billion in annual revenue, 50,000 employees and customers in more than 130 countries. L3Harris.com
Job Title – Electronic Technicians-Multiple Opportunities
Job Location – Rochester, NY
Job Code – CS20192003-30596
In this role, individuals may be responsible for conducting tests on a variety of RF or digital printed circuit boards, subassemblies, or end products. Must be capable of using a variety of test equipment, logging information in technical databases and have a basic understanding of engineering schematics. Basic troubleshooting skills are required. This should include troubleshooting product, subassembly, and circuit board failures to component level. Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with a cross-functional team.
Hiring for all shifts - 1st, 2nd and weekends!
- High School / Secondary Education plus 4+ years of technician or troubleshooting experience or 2 years post-secondary/ AA-AS Degree plus 0-2 years of technician or troubleshooting experience
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Basic knowledge of Electrical Engineering theory
- Associates degree (technical discipline)
- Electronics / RF Troubleshooting Experience
- Experience with Harris RFCD products and assembly processes
- Able to perform LabVIEW driven automated tests
- Familiar with basic test equipment, i.e. Signal generators, oscilloscopes, power meters, spectrum analyzers
- Able to read and understand schematic diagrams
- MS Office programs such as Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Regularly demonstrates a positive attitude
- Strong Customer focus
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Capable of identifying problems and contributing to process improvements
- Strong communication skills
- Familiarity with basic computer software such as Microsoft Word and Excel (Unicam knowledge a plus)
- Willingness to work and learn in fast-paced production environment
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.