Rochester, New YorkJob ID CS20212202-56975
On the L3Harris team, your job is to secure the world. We don’t work here just for the advanced technology and equipment: We work here because we know what – and who – we’re protecting. From families to the intelligence community, and from our climate to our men and women in uniform – we’re making the world a safer place. Working in Software with L3Harris you'll join our team of qualified, diverse individuals and work in a fast-paced environment with high expectations, global scope, and a collaborative team setting.
What makes a successful Engineer at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Critical Thinker
- Detail Oriented
I love my job because every day there’s a new problem to tackle, a new skill to learn and an awesome team that has my back.Heather S., Engineer
L3Harris Work Perks
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Technical Writer
Job Location: Rochester, NY
Job ID: CS20212202-56975
L3Harris is actively recruiting foranExperienced Professional who is proficient in developing, writing, and editing documentation, both standard and customized, for tactical communications and satellite communication terminal systems produced by the Company. Documentation includes operation, repair and maintenance manuals, operation and installation instructions, inventory cards, training materials, technical proposal, and other miscellaneous pieces.
- Works under general supervision.
- May be responsible for entire projects or processes.
- Working with the engineering staff, collect detailed information to be used as content in documents.
- Become familiar with the product itself, the technology being utilized and the user application.
- Prepare written documents using the approved format for the type of document
- As needed, create graphics, charts, diagrams and other artwork to be included in the documentation.
- Work with the organizational trainers to support the training material generation.
- Bachelor’s degree and minimum of 4 years relevant experience or a Graduate degree and a miniumum of 2 years relative experience.
- 3 - 4 Years Prior technical documentation/writing experience required.
- 3 - 4 Years Prior Knowledge of telecommunications and/or satellite communications desired; experience working with desktop publishing and graphics software necessary.
- Experience in the field of TCOM and Satcom is preferred.
- Experience with engineering or technology.
- Military communications experince.
- Proven ability to learn and communicate on highly technical subjects.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.