Fraud Awareness Message
Fraudsters have been known to attempt to use our name to trick job seekers with fake employment opportunities. This type of scam is normally carried out through fake websites, job postings, chat applications, or email accounts claiming to be from L3Harris. To help spot these scams, remember that during our formal recruitment process, L3Harris will NOT (1) ask you for money; (2) offer to send you a check before doing any work; (3) require you to provide sensitive personal information early in the process or sensitive information about your previous employer; (4) send you emails from free commercial services (e.g. Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail).
If you have been contacted by anyone representing themselves as being from L3Harris and are concerned about their legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at staffing@L3Harris.com .
If you believe you have been scammed, contact local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission here. L3Harris has no responsibility for fraudulent job offers and advises candidates to follow the guidance provided above.
Senior Systems Engineer
Rochester, New YorkJob ID CS20211507-65308
On the L3Harris team, your job is to secure the world. We don’t work here just for the advanced technology and equipment: We work here because we know what – and who – we’re protecting. From families to the intelligence community, and from our climate to our men and women in uniform – we’re making the world a safer place. Working with the L3Harris's engineering team, you'll join our team of qualified, diverse individuals and work in a fast-paced environment with high expectations, global scope, and a collaborative team setting.
What makes a successful Systems Engineer at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Problem Solver
Flexible work schedule, paid overtime, cool technology, no micromanagement, nice campus, fun co-workersSystems Engineer
L3Harris Work Perks
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Sr. Spec, Systems Engrg
Job Location: Rochester, NY
Job Code: CS20211507-65308
As a member of the Maintenance Systems Engineering (MSE) team, responsibilities include creating, promoting and supporting automated testing solutions for L3Harris radio and related products that are sold internationally and to the Department of Defense. As such, team members also participate in some proposal, demonstration and program execution activities. The candidate’s primary function will be customer radio test system development with heavy emphasis on creating LabVIEW software to test radio functionality.
- Design, develop, and debug software applications for control/automation of test and measurement equipment using NI LabVIEW.
- Continuous improvement of measurement algorithms, techniques and reporting to improve quality and reduce overall cost.
- Consult with electrical engineers and other engineering staff to evaluate measurement techniques as they relate to maintenance needs of our customers.
- Participation in the development of new software architectures designed to cut test development costs.
- Porting of existing tests to new platforms enabling L3Harris to compete on large DoD opportunities.
- Supporting existing orders and creating proposals as we continue to grow our Maintenance Solutions.
- Acting as a technical expert on Maintenance Solutions for our Sales and Program Management teams.
- Installing and commissioning Maintenance Solutions at customer facilities.
- Evaluating OEM test equipment for inclusion in future Maintenance Solutions.
- Positive attitude, openness to new ideas, willingness to learn new tools, and a strong motivation to positively impact the performance and work experience of the team.
- BSEE with a minimum 7 years of relevant experience (5 years with MS)
Preferred Additional Skills:
- NI TestStand Experience
- Familiarity with Linux-based operating systems.
- Familiarity with XML
- Experience with RS-232, Ethernet, USB, TCP/IP
- Networking and Radio communication system experience desired
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Experience interacting with end-customers
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.