Fraud Awareness Message
Fraudsters have been known to attempt to use our name to trick job seekers with fake employment opportunities. This type of scam is normally carried out through fake websites, job postings, chat applications, or email accounts claiming to be from L3Harris. To help spot these scams, remember that during our formal recruitment process, L3Harris will NOT (1) ask you for money; (2) offer to send you a check before doing any work; (3) require you to provide sensitive personal information early in the process or sensitive information about your previous employer; (4) send you emails from free commercial services (e.g. Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail).
If you have been contacted by anyone representing themselves as being from L3Harris and are concerned about their legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at staffing@L3Harris.com .
If you believe you have been scammed, contact local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission here. L3Harris has no responsibility for fraudulent job offers and advises candidates to follow the guidance provided above.
Supply Chain Manager
Rochester, New YorkJob ID CS20222109-90824
What makes a successful Business and Operations team member at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
My favorite part of working for L3Harris is knowing that the parts that I procure go into products that help save lives.Lizzie, Procurement Associate, Rochester, NY
L3Harris Work Perks
- Medical with a High Deductible and traditional PPO plan options, as well as, vision and a full array of supplemental health benefits
- A doctors' service to help with referrals and second opinions for you, your family, and parents
- 4 weeks of paid parental leave for moms and dads
- Fertility treatment
- Subsidized backup childcare and eldercare
- Adoption assistance - $5,000 per adoption/$15,000 per employee
- Pet insurance
- No cap to your PTO time (for exempt employees)
- Dress for your day - wear what works for you at work
- Legal plan for you, your family, and parents
- Discount platform
- 9/80 work schedule available for most U.S. employees, effective October 24, 2022.
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across space, air, land, sea and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 47,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Supply Chain Manager
Job Location: Rochester, NY
Job Code: CS20222109-90824
L3Harris Technologies Tactical Communication (TCOM) is currently seeking a talented Supply Chain Manager for our Rochester, NY location. Effectively manage the supply chain team to ensure successful implementation and sustainment of L3Harris’ procurement functional, strategic and tactical initiatives in support of the various production and development programs. You will be responsible for leading a team of supply chain individuals located in the Rochester Jefferson Road facility. Effective collaboration with Program Management, Proposal Teams, Quality, Manufacturing Engineering, Design Engineering, and finance teams is critical to the role.
- Responsible for implementing and administering supply chain programs, tools and processes for multiple supply chain functions.
- Ensures sourcing efforts meet business goals and objectives
- Assess supplier risks and develop the appropriate contingency plans. Actively support initiatives to bring risk insights into the overall decision-making process
- Works with functional leaders to perform analysis and identify areas for performance improvement
- Oversees and supports implementation of strategic initiatives, as well as activities related to global sourcing, supplier selection, product delivery specifications, and quality
- Establishes, implements, and maintains policies, procedures, and material control systems to reduce costs, streamline procedures, and implement solutions
- Exceptional problem solving/avoidance capability Benchmarking and adapting industry best practices to drive state of the art supplier management standard work
- Engaged in operating income initiatives, reducing operations costs, and increasing efficiency
- Serve as a role model for integrity, inclusion, and diversity, Maintain responsibility for succession planning, organizational and talent development
- Sustain success metrics, incorporating best practices, and effectively communicating improvements
- Track supplier deliveries in accordance with program need to ensure proper deliverable dates are met
- Track financial commitments to ensure we are hitting savings, negotiation, and sales goals monthly
- Experience and understanding of product specifications, statements of work (SOW), and terms and conditions
- Experience engaging with suppliers and analyzing suppliers' operations to determine factors that affect prices and determines lowest cost consistent with quality, reliability, and ability to meet required schedules
- Advanced Excel skills including Pivot tables, macros, etc.
- Bachelor’s Degree and minimum 9 years prior related experience. Graduate Degree with a minimum of 7 years of prior related experience.
- Experience in Government and Commercial Contracting/Subcontracting managing supplier performance in the areas of technical scope, schedule, and cost.
- Engineering or Technical Background
- MRP Experience, Agile configuration, Understanding how MRP works
- MBA or Graduate degree
- Six Sigma Green Belt or Black Belt certification
- CPM or similar certifications
- Strong understanding of Procurement, Manufacturing Operations, and material logistics
- Cost analysis experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Word, Project and PowerPoint
- Global sourcing experience
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.