Fraud Awareness Message
Fraudsters have been known to attempt to use our name to trick job seekers with fake employment opportunities. This type of scam is normally carried out through fake websites, job postings, chat applications, or email accounts claiming to be from L3Harris. To help spot these scams, remember that during our formal recruitment process, L3Harris will NOT (1) ask you for money; (2) offer to send you a check before doing any work; (3) require you to provide sensitive personal information early in the process or sensitive information about your previous employer; (4) send you emails from free commercial services (e.g. Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail).
If you have been contacted by anyone representing themselves as being from L3Harris and are concerned about their legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at staffing@L3Harris.com .
If you believe you have been scammed, contact local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission here. L3Harris has no responsibility for fraudulent job offers and advises candidates to follow the guidance provided above.
Sr Technical Strategy and Growth Advisor - Electrical Engineering (Hybrid)
Rochester, New York; Fort Wayne, IndianaJob ID SAS20221411-93417
On the L3Harris team, your job is to secure the world. We don’t work here just for the advanced technology and equipment: We work here because we know what – and who – we’re protecting. From families to the intelligence community, and from our climate to our men and women in uniform – we’re making the world a safer place. Working with the L3Harris's engineering team, you'll join our team of qualified, diverse individuals and work in a fast-paced environment with high expectations, global scope, and a collaborative team setting.
What makes a successful Systems Engineer at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Problem Solver
Flexible work schedule, paid overtime, cool technology, no micromanagement, nice campus, fun co-workersSystems Engineer
L3Harris Work Perks
- Medical with a High Deductible and traditional PPO plan options, as well as, vision and a full array of supplemental health benefits
- A doctors' service to help with referrals and second opinions for you, your family, and parents
- 4 weeks of paid parental leave for moms and dads
- Fertility treatment
- Subsidized backup childcare and eldercare
- Adoption assistance - $5,000 per adoption/$15,000 per employee
- Pet insurance
- No cap to your PTO time (for exempt employees)
- Dress for your day - wear what works for you at work
- Legal plan for you, your family, and parents
- Discount platform
- 9/80 work schedule available for most U.S. employees, effective October 24, 2022.
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across space, air, land, sea and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 47,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Sr Technical Strategy and Growth Advisor - Electrical Engineering
Job Code: SAS20221411-93417
Job Location: Fort Wayne, IN or Rochester, NY
In a fast moving and increasingly complex world, L3Harris is anticipating and rapidly responding to challenges with agile technology and creating a safer world and more secure future. As the Technical Strategy & Growth Sr Manager, you will have direct influence in the design, resourcing, and roadmap for programs across the business segment helping L3Harris achieve these goals. You will be a consultant to our functional and program leaders and lead business development objectives and long-term growth goals. Your work will also result in better coordination and collaboration across stakeholder groups. This position will be remote.
- Partner with divisional Chief Engineers to ensure appropriate electrical engineering resources and processes are in place to support the needs of the business
- Be the technical thought leader to respresent the electrical engineering sub-functions to assist with the strategy, resourcing, and roadmapping for program growth and initiatives
- Consult with program and engineering leaders to understand problems with a focus on bringing issues to resolution
- Influence and lead horizontally across programs leadership in a matrixed environment driving intra-functinal collaboration and optimization
- Develop and track metrics and status updates on staffing, COPQ, and design IRTs that are being performed and present this data to key stakeholders
- Support DS and proposal activities to ensure an adequate technical solution and BOEs are well-formed, prior to submission to functional management
- Periodically travel to company facilities for team and customer meetings
- Hybrid Role - This is a hybrid role and will require the person to be on-site at least 3 days per week
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical or Systems Engineering; Physics or related fields, and a minimum of twelve (12) years of prior relevant experience, OR, Graduate Degree and a minimum of ten (10) years of prior related experience
- Three (3) or more years Project Management Experience (Technical, Cost, & Schedule)
- Three (3) or more years of experience conducting Root Cause Corrective Actions and participation on Independent Review Team
- Three (3) or more years in proposal cost estimation and generation of Bases of Estimates
- Ability to travel occasionally to company facilities for team and customer meetings
- Ability to obtain a TS/SCI security clearance
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Experience with deconstructing business needs into technical requirements and presenting them in a manner for easy understanding across wide audiences
- Experience working with Space Borne, Aerospace, or Military Electronic Systems
- Advanced degree in Electrical Engineering or related field
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.