Fraud Awareness Message
Fraudsters have been known to attempt to use our name to trick job seekers with fake employment opportunities. This type of scam is normally carried out through fake websites, job postings, chat applications, or email accounts claiming to be from L3Harris. To help spot these scams, remember that during our formal recruitment process, L3Harris will NOT (1) ask you for money; (2) offer to send you a check before doing any work; (3) require you to provide sensitive personal information early in the process or sensitive information about your previous employer; (4) send you emails from free commercial services (e.g. Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail).
If you have been contacted by anyone representing themselves as being from L3Harris and are concerned about their legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at staffing@L3Harris.com .
If you believe you have been scammed, contact local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission here. L3Harris has no responsibility for fraudulent job offers and advises candidates to follow the guidance provided above.
Sr Specialist, Trade Compliance, Investigations and Disclosures
Rochester, New York;Job ID CS20220103-77933
What makes a successful Business and Operations team member at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
My favorite part of working for L3Harris is knowing that the parts that I procure go into products that help save lives.Lizzie, Procurement Associate, Rochester, NY
L3Harris Work Perks
- Medical with a High Deductible and traditional PPO plan options, as well as, vision and a full array of supplemental health benefits
- A doctors' service to help with referrals and second opinions for you, your family, and parents
- 4 weeks of paid parental leave for moms and dads
- Fertility treatment
- Subsidized backup childcare and eldercare
- Adoption assistance - $5,000 per adoption/$15,000 per employee
- Pet insurance
- No cap to your PTO time (for exempt employees)
- Dress for your day - wear what works for you at work
- Legal plan for you, your family, and parents
- Discount platform
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across space, air, land, sea and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 47,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Senior Specialist, Trade Compliance, Investigations and Disclosures
Job Location: Rochester or Remote
Job Code: CS20220103-77933
The L3Harris Trade Compliance department is an important piece of the international business segment. As a part of the team, candidates will be consistently working with L3Harris Sales and Program Management personnel to provide guidance related to the imports and exports of U.S. State Department and U.S. Commerce Department controlled goods. Candidates must be able to work effectively with a cross-functional team to effectively keep L3Harris in compliance with the regulations while also helping to foster international growth within the business. Senior professional with strong knowledge of ITAR and EAR regulations and broad knowledge of project management. Manages complex projects or processes with general oversight. Communicates within and outside of own function to gain cooperation on operational processes, practices, and procedures. Makes substantial improvements to systems and processes. Contributes to achievement of departmental goals and operating plans with direct impact on the departmental results.
- Lead and guide internal investigations related to potential regulatory violations
- Manage Trade Compliance investigations, to include reviewing and submitting Reportable Compliance Incidents, creating investigation work plans, interviewing employees, supporting root cause analysis and the identification of effective corrective actions, reviewing documentation, and analysing and compiling investigation results
- Work with Trade Compliance staff and business representatives to draft investigation work plans, complete root cause analysis, and develop effective corrective action plans for violations of regulations and Company policy
- Oversee the completion of corrective actions, to include tracking, validating, reporting on, and closing corrective actions
- Draft government disclosures, notifications, closure justifications, and extension requests, and compile enclosures for submission
- Collaborate with Trade Compliance staff and business representatives to understand and document investigation scope, methodology, related policies and procedures, and other information necessary to complete government disclosures, closure justifications, and extension requests
- Track, update, and report on the status of all investigations, disclosures, notifications, and closure justifications
- Maintain and contribute to CS Trade Compliance’s internal information web portal, file repositories, collaboration sites, and Trade software tools
- Assist with responses to government or corporate inquiries on ITAR, EAR, Customs, and other trade related matters
- Contribute to the development of case studies, policies and procedures, trainings, and communications related to trade compliance issues
- Identify, recommend, and implement process improvements
- Assist with the execution of special projects related to compliance matters
- Reports to the Manager, Trade Compliance Strategic Applications in the Communications Systems segment of L3Harris Technologies, Inc.
Required Basic Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree and minimum 6 years of prior relevant experience or Graduate Degree and a minimum of 4 years of prior related experience.
- Strong investigative skills with prior experience investigating ITAR, EAR, OFAC, and Customs matters
- Subject matter expertise in understanding government regulations with primary focus on ITAR, EAR, and Customs requirements
- Ensure compliance with ITAR, EAR, and Customs regulations including providing compliance guidance to both internal and external customers
- Must possess excellent writing skills, be able to assimilate and analyze complex information and draft clear and concise narratives
- Project Management expertise, including the ability to effectively track, update, and report on various investigations, disclosures, and internal closures, while collaborating on and progressing other investigations, disclosures, and internal closures
- Ability to multitask, context switch, and efficiently and effectively manage workload to include competing priorities and deadlines, ensuring on-time completion of activities
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.