Sr Specialist, Audit
Rochester, New York; Palm Bay, FloridaJob ID SAS20210303-57468
What makes a successful Business and Operations team member at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
My favorite part of working for L3Harris is knowing that the parts that I procure go into products that help save lives.Lizzie, Procurement Associate, Rochester, NY
L3Harris Work Perks
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Sr. Specialist, Audit
Job Code: SAS20210303-57468
Job Location:Palm Bay, FL OR Rochester, NY
Job Description: The individual in this position will be responsible for initiating and conducting EVMS surveillance audits to support internal EVMS compliance metrics as well as customer System Surveillance Reviews and Integrated Baseline Reviews. It requires the ability to drive/guide a program team toward best business practices utilizing standard tools and processes in an Earned Value Management environment; therefore, a working knowledge of the EVMS ANSI-748 Standard and governing EVMS policies/procedures, along with integrated budgeting / scheduling tools is expected. This position requires significant analytical skills to perform data traces and analysis in order to determine EVMS compliance to the Standard, System Description and associated company policies/procedures.
- Knowledge of EVMS EAI-748 Standard, Government contracting and reporting requirements
- Understanding of EVMS concepts with application to company policy/documentation to include cost/schedule integration, risk identification and change management
- Management of audit activities to include surveillance initiation, data traces, interviews, corrective action notifications, and assessment reporting through to program compliance completion.
- Ability to utilize earned value criteria and analysis experience to determine system compliance
- Ability to effectively communicate earned value concepts and non-compliances
- Must possess excellent writing and verbal communication skills
- Familiarity with Scheduling and EVMS tools, along with MicroSoft office products
- Must be self-motivated and able to work independently under limited supervision
- Ability to meet critical deadlines
- Must have strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Provide collaborative support to program management teams along with Program Planning and Project Controls departments
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task effectively
- Leadership with ability to influence/cultivate EV practices within program teams
- Ability to Travel – up to 20%
- Bachelor’s Degree and minimum 7 years of prior audit experience OR Graduate Degree and a minimum of 5 years of prior audit experience.
- 6+ Years' of related EVMS work experience
- 3+ Years' Government program experience
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Prior leadership experience
- Working knowledge of government acquisitions and contracting clauses
- Familiar with program management functions, tools and processes to include material and subcontract management
- Demonstrated ability to work cross-functionally, across geographically-disbursed teams
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.