Sr Spec, Sales Operations
Rochester, New York;Job ID CS20212804-60508
What makes a successful Business and Operations team member at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
My favorite part of working for L3Harris is knowing that the parts that I procure go into products that help save lives.Lizzie, Procurement Associate, Rochester, NY
L3Harris Work Perks
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title – Sales Operations Analyst
Job Location – Rochester, NY (Remote)
Job Code – CS20212804-60508
L3Harris Technologies’ Communications Systems (CS) segment is seeking a highly motivated Sr Specialist, Sales Operations with experience in managing an enterprise CRM tool and providing key data and insights to support the business. Tracking and reporting performance trends and analysis of efficiency and effectiveness. Interactions include developing data to be included in briefings to Segment and Global Business Development (L3H HQ) Leadership. Daily interactions with Sales/BD Operations across the 5 business sectors (domestic and international), and cross functional interactions with Programs, PLM, Proposals and Finance. Position includes oversight of the use of Customer Relationship Management (CRM) processes and tools for the daily management of our business pipeline and orders analysis. The position is responsible for managing and improving CRM data and reporting. Supports pipeline reviews, financial reviews, the Strategic Plan process and AOP/QORs. Direct support to Director of Sales Operations, the VP Business Development and the Sector BD Analysts and CRM users.
- Lead and manage the Microsoft Dynamics CRM instance for the Communication Systems Segment
- Improves CRM implementation, providing end-user support of the CRM application. Supports internal departments with CRM onboarding, on-going training, leveraging MS Dynamics, etc.
- Troubleshoot and test the CRM database to resolve issues and to add or modify features
- Create reports and dashboards monitoring business development metrics, goals and measurement for key learnings to enhance CRM system effectiveness
- Drive growth by creating meaningful data analytics on new business pipeline and other data sets and providing those analyses in concise format to the Director, Sales Operations and the larger BD leadership team.
- Coordination of Sector and Segment data calls, working with the Sales/BD teams to provide timely, accurate and complete information to support requests and efforts
- Develop and track new business data metrics at the Sector and Segment level
- Ability to generate innovative insights from analysis, communicates results effectively, and work with business partners in developing and implementing new methodologies and analysis to drive actionable results
- Complete ad-hoc projects and reporting as assigned
- Experience with the Microsoft Office Suite, to include exceptional skills in PowerPoint and Excel
- Analytical mindset with skills gathering data from multiple, often disparate, qualitative and quantitative sources and synthesizing it into meaningful reports and presentations
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills (written and presentation) and an exquisite attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively with cross-functional teams
- Advanced time management and organizational skills
- Bachelor’s Degree with a minimum of 6 years of prior relevant experience or Graduate Degree and a minimum of 4 years of prior related experience.
- 4 + years’ experience working with CRM technology (preferably MS Dynamics)
- High level of business/financial acumen; global business acumen in defense or aerospace and/or relevant technology markets with broad knowledge of changing defense markets
- Competency making decisions with imperfect and incomplete information
- Experience with dashboard tools such as Tableau or PowerBI
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.