Sr Spec, Project Engineering
Rochester, New YorkJob ID CS20212004-59947
On the L3Harris team, your job is to secure the world. We don’t work here just for the advanced technology and equipment: We work here because we know what – and who – we’re protecting. From families to the intelligence community, and from our climate to our men and women in uniform – we’re making the world a safer place. Working in Software with L3Harris you'll join our team of qualified, diverse individuals and work in a fast-paced environment with high expectations, global scope, and a collaborative team setting.
What makes a successful Engineer at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Critical Thinker
- Detail Oriented
I love my job because every day there’s a new problem to tackle, a new skill to learn and an awesome team that has my back.Heather S., Engineer
L3Harris Work Perks
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Sr. Specialist Project Engineering
Job Code: CS20212004-59947
Job Location: Rochester, NY
- Individual serves as Subcontract Project Manager responsible for the supplier’s performance regarding cost, schedule and quality.
- Responsible for the outsourced portion of projects spread across the domestic & international business lines.
- Manage outsource projects, aligning with Product Line Manager’s funding and overall project schedule
- Support IRAD, Program, and Offset funded projects
- Create and manage SOW (Statement of Work)
- Coordinate RFIs & RFPs
- Work with cross functional team:
- Subcontracts, Product Line Management, Engineering, Quality, Program Management and Supply Chain
- Plan and prioritize activities to ensure deadlines are met
- Highlight risks & schedule delays to cross-functional team
- Manages the work and relationship between Harris and our suppliers for outsourced IRAD and program activities. Serves as the liaison between Harris engineering/PLM and the supplier for design, process, manufacturing, test and quality as the product(s) move to completion and distribution. Plans and manages subcontracted schedules and costs. Monitors the outsourced project from initiation through completion. Assists the Engineering Project Manager in organizing the interdepartmental activities ensuring completion of the project on schedule and within budget constraints. Ensures that products delivered meet Harris requirements and specifications.
- Bachelor’s Degree and minimum 6 years of prior relevant experience. Graduate Degree and a minimum of 4 years of prior related experience.
- Ability to lead multi-functional team and drive actions to closure.
- Supply Chain or Engineering background required.
- PMP Certification preferred.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to manage multiple projects at one time.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.