Sr Spec, HR Business Partner
Rochester, New YorkJob ID CS20211604-59843
What makes a successful Business and Operations team member at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
My favorite part of working for L3Harris is knowing that the parts that I procure go into products that help save lives.Lizzie, Procurement Associate, Rochester, NY
L3Harris Work Perks
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Sr Spec, HR Business Partner
Job Code: CS20211604-59843
Job Location: Rochester, NY
L3Harris is seeking a HR Business Partner to support the Communication Systems Functions. This role will work closely with leadership and employees to define and execute HR strategies that enable accomplishment of business objectives as well as establish, implement, and oversees human resources policies and programs by providing counsel and assistance to employees and managers in HR matters. Additionally, this role will:
- Facilitates and supports Performance Management, Employee Relations and Engagement, Talent Management including Staffing, Organizational Development, Compensation and Employee Development.
- Build and maintain effective working relations with management and employees to provide advice and counsel to both on employee-related and organizational matters.
- Facilitates organization and leadership development efforts.
- Works with employees and managers to address root causes of human resources and employee relations issues.
- Provides change management leadership.
- Coordinates employee transfers, status changes, new hire onboarding, conducts exit interviews, and provides recommendations for corrective action.
- Assists and/or advises management in the development and implementation of plans to promote employee engagement and positive employee relations. Provides coaching and guidance related to compensation.
- Performs project management duties and team facilitation.
- Bachelor’s Degree and minimum 6 years of prior relevant experience. Graduate Degree and a minimum of 4 years of prior related experience.
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Minimum of 6 years HR generalist experience, with increasing scope and responsibility, supporting various levels within the organization.
- Ability to successfully operate in a matrixed organization.
- Experience with team facilitation, change management, performance management, employee relations, staffing, compensation, diversity and inclusion, and organizational development.
- Strong communication, interpersonal, influencing, coaching, and consulting skills.
- Experience with root cause analysis with ability to link situations to the bigger picture.
- Ability to collaborate in a team environment as well as operate independently.
- Efficiency in MS Office software products (Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
- Demonstrated attention to detail.
- Effectively interact will all levels of management.
- Adaptable to changing or competing priorities.
- Maintain confidentiality.
- Experience working in a government contracting environment.
- Proficiency in HR systems such as PeopleSoft and PeopleFluent.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.