Sr Spec, Category Management
Rochester, New YorkJob ID CS20210604-59209
What makes a successful Business and Operations team member at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
My favorite part of working for L3Harris is knowing that the parts that I procure go into products that help save lives.Lizzie, Procurement Associate, Rochester, NY
L3Harris Work Perks
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Sr Spec, Category Management
Job Code: CS20210604-59209
Job Location: Rochester, NY
Category Management position primarily responsible for supporting the Fabrication/Metals team:
- Lead collaborative multi-region/plant/division, cross-functional teams to analyze spend, develop actionable spend management strategies, implement spend management strategies and proactively manage the supply base within a given commodity
- Research and benchmark current commodity market conditions/trends, developing technologies, supply chain capacity/capability, product knowledge, customer requirements and supply/demand challenges
- Guide the selection, development, and management of Strategic Suppliers to meet commodity cost and performance goals
- Develop and implement spend management strategies including supplier assessments and rationalization, negotiation for best total cost of ownership, make vs. buy analyses, vendor managed inventories, inventory reduction programs, cycle time improvements, security of supply, supplier diversity, continuous improvement, commodity roadmaps, and procurement/stakeholder collaboration
- Develop, implement and manage proposal activities
- Lead negotiation and completion of contracts with strategic and preferred suppliers to maximize benefits across Harris and its affiliates
- Establish a strong network and foster collaboration with customers, suppliers, key stakeholders, and category team members
- Implement a rigorous and disciplined process for managing the supply base including leading periodic business reviews, monitoring and managing supplier performance (quality, cost, delivery, technology, service, and leadership), managing supplier relationships, performing root cause analysis and resolution, developing and monitoring supplier improvement plans
- Propose Corporate & Divisional initiatives to meet desired business goals/objectives
- Establish, implement, report and socialize on specific, actionable, measurable, achievable, time specific goals and objectives and related performance
- Travel approximately less than 15%
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Materials Management, Supply Chain, Finance or Engineering with a minimum of 6 years of prior relevant experience or Graduate degree and a minimum of 4 years of prior related experience.
- Demonstrated management expertise in multiple indirect commodities
- Demonstrated negotiation skills
- Understanding of Contractual Terms and Conditions and how to mitigate risk
- Project management experience
- Must have experience with MS Excel and PowerPoint for purposes of data analysis and creation of presentations
Preferred Additional Skills:
- CPM or similar certifications
- Strong understanding of Procurement, Manufacturing Operations, and material logistics
- Cost analysis experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Word, Project and PowerPoint
- Global sourcing experience
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.