Sr Principal, Business Development
Rochester, New York; Fort Wayne, Indiana; Herndon, VirginiaJob ID SAS20210902-56378
What makes a successful Business and Operations team member at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
My favorite part of working for L3Harris is knowing that the parts that I procure go into products that help save lives.Lizzie, Procurement Associate, Rochester, NY
L3Harris Work Perks
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
R&D Business Development Manager
Job Code: SAS20210902-56378
Job Location: Herndon, VA, or Rochester, NY, or Palm Bay, FL or Clfton, NJ
The Space and Airborne Systems (SAS) R&D Business Development Manager shall lead the R&D business development strategy, identify and assess new business opportunities to transition R&D technologies, and interface with customers on contract orders to meet the annual operating plan (AOP) and strategic growth plan (SGP) for the Engineering and Tech Strategy (ETS) department.
This position leads the department’s effort to drive new and emerging technologies from the SAS Innovation and R&D portfolio to our DoD and IC customers such as DARPA, NRO AS&T, CIA DS&T, IARPA, NRL, AFRL, etc. This requires familiarity with the R&D portfolio to determine where we can utilize customer funded R&D to supplement our internal R&D investments to grow our capabilities in areas such as artificial intelligence, cyber, advanced electronics, photonics, optics, space control, small satellites, position, navigation, and Timing (PNT), and hyperspectral sensing. This position will help craft new development ideas, and then work to secure external funding to supplement internal investment advancing the technolog
- Lead and drive opportunity identification, qualification, shaping and positioning for R&D programs across multiple customer organizations
- Win new business with Government and commercial prospects
- Promote and foster continued business development opportunities with existing customers
- Expand and grow the business base by developing new customer relationships
- Develop and maintain a roadmap of pursuits mapped to customer needs
- Establish close working relationships with R&D leadership
- Effectively communicate status to executive leadership
- Support the day-to-day business rhythm and reporting
- Lead participation in forums/conferences to further position L3Harris as a thought leader for solutions relevant to DoD and IC R&D goals.
- Represent L3Harris at customer meetings, industry-related meetings and conference
- Support tech scanning and the competitive landscape analysis for identification of future mission needs.
- Ability to translate technical understanding of products and technology for purposes of customer communication and engagement.
- Support the analysis of unmet mission needs tied to internal goals for technology development
- Recommend strategies and approaches for differentiation based on market understanding.
Ability to understand and influence the internal R&D strategies relative to customer mission needs.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher with a minimum of 15 year of experience, or post graduate degree and 10 years of experience; or equivalent.
- 10 years of experience being familiar with DARPA, NRO AS&T, CIA DS&T, IARPA, AFRL mission and architectures or DOD Defense
- 6 years program/project management experience
- 6 years demonstrated experience working knowledge of the Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR)
- Experience in competitive analysis, customer analysis, win strategy development, proposal and color team leadership and price-to-win analysis.
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Ability to travel
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.