Sr Manager, Program Scheduler
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $17 billion in annual revenue, 50,000 employees and customers in more than 130 countries. L3Harris.com
Senior Manager, Program Planning / Scheduling
Job Code: SAS20201301-38922
Job Location: Palm Bay, FL; Clifton, NJ; Palm Bay, FL
This position is responsible for management and development of planning / scheduling personnel as well as providing guidance and analysis support for master program schedules, including status, performance, network logic, and critical path.
- Understands project plans and schedules, performs risk analysis, identifies and resolves critical path and network logic conflicts.
- Strong knowledge of job area and in-depth knowledge of project management. Ability to manage planning/scheduling efforts for complex projects without oversight.
- Responsible for providing guidance, coaching and training to planning / scheduling employees.
- Communicates within and outside of own function to gain cooperation on operational policies, processes, and systems.
- Suggests improvements to existing policies, processes, and systems.
- Contributes to achievement of departmental goals and operating plans with direct impact on the departmental results.
- Performs schedule analyses in support of portfolio planning & scheduling control efforts.
- Understands Gantt, PERT, milestone charts, earned value management and other project management techniques to gauge progress and identify performance variances to facilitate focus and intervention on critical areas.
- Ensures major projects and program schedules and plans are integrated across company functional groups including finance, engineering, material, manufacturing, and quality.
- Ensures compliance with internal program procedures and project control system guidelines.
- Provides measurable input of new products, processes or standards in operational plans that will have some impact on the achievement of overall functional results.
- Communicates within and outside of own function or business area and has responsibility for communicating with parties external to the organization (e.g., customers, vendors, etc.) when necessary.
- Explains, interprets, and gains cooperation on policies, procedures and practices.
- Contributes to the development of goals for the department and planning efforts (budgets, operational plans, etc.).
- Establishes short-term operational plans with measurable contribution to function or business area results.
- Develop new concepts or standards for planning / scheduling team.
- Lead scheduling status reviews and conduct briefings with senior leaders which requires ability to communicate matters of importance to the function or business area.
- Works to influence others to accept individual or team’s views or practices and changes to concepts, practices, and approaches.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, STEM, or other related field and 12 years’ experience in planning and/or scheduling with bachelor’s degree; or equivalent. 10 years’ experience with Master’s.
- Experience working DoD projects in a Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR) and Defense Federal Acquisition Regulations (DFAR) environment; or equivalent.
- 2-4 years leadership experience.
- Experience leading planning & scheduling efforts for large projects.
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Department of Defense (DoD) Secret Security Clearance.
- Experience working cross-functionally and effectively communicate to accomplish strategic vision of Program Management Excellence Organization (PMEO).
- Working knowledge of Electronic Warfare, Avionics, and/or Space programs.
- Project management experience.
- Additional prior functional / IPT lead experiences (e.g. – Supply Chain Management, Materials, Finance, etc.).