Fraud Awareness Message
Fraudsters have been known to attempt to use our name to trick job seekers with fake employment opportunities. This type of scam is normally carried out through fake websites, job postings, chat applications, or email accounts claiming to be from L3Harris. To help spot these scams, remember that during our formal recruitment process, L3Harris will NOT (1) ask you for money; (2) offer to send you a check before doing any work; (3) require you to provide sensitive personal information early in the process or sensitive information about your previous employer; (4) send you emails from free commercial services (e.g. Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail).
If you have been contacted by anyone representing themselves as being from L3Harris and are concerned about their legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at staffing@L3Harris.com .
If you believe you have been scammed, contact local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission here. L3Harris has no responsibility for fraudulent job offers and advises candidates to follow the guidance provided above.
Sr. Manager, Electrical Special Test Equipment and Production Support
Rochester, New York; Wilmington, Massachusetts; Fort Wayne, Indiana; San Diego, CaliforniaJob ID SAS20221706-84456
On the L3Harris team, your job is to secure the world. We don’t work here just for the advanced technology and equipment: We work here because we know what – and who – we’re protecting. From families to the intelligence community, and from our climate to our men and women in uniform – we’re making the world a safer place. Working in Software with L3Harris you'll join our team of qualified, diverse individuals and work in a fast-paced environment with high expectations, global scope, and a collaborative team setting.
What makes a successful Engineer at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Critical Thinker
- Detail Oriented
I love my job because every day there’s a new problem to tackle, a new skill to learn and an awesome team that has my back.Heather S., Engineer
L3Harris Work Perks
- Medical with a High Deductible and traditional PPO plan options, as well as, vision and a full array of supplemental health benefits
- A doctors' service to help with referrals and second opinions for you, your family, and parents
- 4 weeks of paid parental leave for moms and dads
- Fertility treatment
- Subsidized backup childcare and eldercare
- Adoption assistance - $5,000 per adoption/$15,000 per employee
- Pet insurance
- No cap to your PTO time (for exempt employees)
- Dress for your day - wear what works for you at work
- Legal plan for you, your family, and parents
- Discount platform
- 9/80 work schedule available for most U.S. employees, effective October 24, 2022.
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across space, air, land, sea and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 47,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Sr. Manager, Electrical Special Test Equipment and Production Support
Job Code: SAS20221706-84456
Job Location:Rochester-NY, Ft. Wayne-IN, Wilmington-MA, or San Dieg-CA
This position, Sr. Manager, Electrical Engineering, is responsible for leading the Electrical Special Test Equipment and Production Support group of 30-35 employees within the Electronics Design Department. Approximately 5 Group Leads will be direct reports to the Sr. Manager, currently in 5 different geographical locations. This role requires someone with proven success at improving processes, developing people, and cross site leadership. The ideal candidate will be an experienced functional manager or group lead that has cradle to grave design experience and a proven history of cross site / cross functional test system engineering and development with a strong Electrical Engineering background. Key responsibilities include:
- Develop Electrical Engineering Special Test Equipment “How To” training manual
- Accelerate development of existing staff into more capable Electrical test systems, test set development engineers, and production support team
- Lead cross site working group to ensure knowledge sharing and pairing of less experienced engineers with more experienced resources
- Experience with understanding of DOD Earned Value Metrics (EVMS) with a minimum of 2 years of experience using EVMS
- Establish metrics to drive year over year performance improvement
- Effective communication with senior leadership and customers
- Develop strong working relationship with peers, management, and subordinates
- Support technical proposal and Basis of Estimate generation
- Accountable for performance of the Electrical Special Test Equipment and Production Support group in the Electronic Design Engineering department
- Implement root cause corrective action for design escapes and program execution issues
- Maintain appropriate level of qualified staff by working with Engineering Management, recruiting, developing training plans, talent development, employee engagement, and employee retention
- Set objective performance goals for self and team
- Effectively review and deliver team performance reviews
- Develop collaborative relationships with Engineering Managers, Group Leads, and Program Leadership to support business demands
- Hold weekly one on one meetings with direct staff to build relationships and provide feedback and coaching
- Perform risk assessments on proposals and programs
- Support pursuits and proposals including review/approval of technical proposals and Basis of Estimates as needed
- Provide technical evaluation and oversight of program execution
- Lead technical issue resolution teams when required
- Lead and participate on Technical Independent Review Teams (IRT)
- Develop and execute department training and improvement initiatives
- ~20% travel will be required to effectively manage department located in 5 different cities across the US.
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering or closely related field
- 12+ years Test Systems, Special Test Equipment Engineering, Production Support & Leadership Work Experience with a proven track-record in aerospace, military, or space applications
- Design Experience
- Functional Management Experience
- Electrical Special Test Equipment Engineering and Development experience
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Active TS/SCI Security Clearance
- Project Management Experience (Technical, Cost, & Schedule)
- Experience working with Space-borne, Aerospace, or Military Electronic Systems
- Engineering Production Support Experience
- Cable design and development experience
- Advanced degree in Electrical Engineering
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.