Sr Associate, Communications
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $17 billion in annual revenue, 50,000 employees and customers in more than 130 countries. L3Harris.com
Job Title: Sr. Associate, Communications
Location: Rochester, NY
Job Code: CS20201201-38866
L3Harris Technologies is seeking a savvy communications professional to join our team. The position supports our internal communications team that creates compelling content and delivers it through various communications channels to drive employee engagement. The ideal candidate would possess a passion for storytelling and have experience developing highly-creative content, as well as being highly-motivated to deliver results. The role is for an individual contributor, who will collaborate with team members to support human resources and business leaders to deliver best-in-class communications on behalf of segment headquarters in Rochester, N.Y.
- Use strong writing skills with the ability to conceive, research, and write compelling and accurate messaging
- Identify, develop and edit content for multiple purposes, including employee campaigns, internal and external web content, core messaging, speeches and presentations
- Support ongoing communications campaigns working closely with subject-matter experts and leaders
- Coordinate and manage editorial calendar and content across segments and functions
- Generate ideas for supporting graphics and visual representation of editorial content
- Support multiple projects at the same time, while meeting aggressive deadlines
- Drive engagement through use of best practices
- Drive consistency of voice through alignment and collaboration across L3Harris businesses
- Increase brand awareness and strengthen reputation with key audiences
- Ensure consistency of voice on all platforms; provide guidance on matching content to appropriate channel
- Improve content, promote use of best practices and collaborate on content opportunities
- Continuously drive improvement in social content by monitoring trends, staying abreast of new capabilities and the constantly shifting landscape of social media
- Develop content for other owned digital channels, as needed
- Monitor/research industry trends, market information and customer perceptions, and recommend best practice communications strategies and tactics
- Use e3 (L3Harris lean six sigma methodology and tools) to deliver continuous improvement and operational excellence to all aspects of the department
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing or similar field with 2 years of experience.
- Two years’ experience in developing/managing social media and digital content
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects at once
- Impeccable ethics and business integrity
- Strong communications instincts, with experience in a marketing, strategy or communication role in a large, global organization
- Evidence of strong influencing skills and the ability to work in a matrixed organization
- Outstanding project management skills, including exceptional attention to detail
- Strategic, results-oriented mindset, with ability to provide regular hands-on support
- Ability to deliver measurable results in a high-pressure environment
- Proficiency with Microsoft SharePoint, Microsoft Office, PowerPoint, and Excel
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.