Fraud Awareness Message
Fraudsters have been known to attempt to use our name to trick job seekers with fake employment opportunities. This type of scam is normally carried out through fake websites, job postings, chat applications, or email accounts claiming to be from L3Harris. To help spot these scams, remember that during our formal recruitment process, L3Harris will NOT (1) ask you for money; (2) offer to send you a check before doing any work; (3) require you to provide sensitive personal information early in the process or sensitive information about your previous employer; (4) send you emails from free commercial services (e.g. Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail).
If you have been contacted by anyone representing themselves as being from L3Harris and are concerned about their legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at staffing@L3Harris.com .
If you believe you have been scammed, contact local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission here. L3Harris has no responsibility for fraudulent job offers and advises candidates to follow the guidance provided above.
Sr Assoc, Manufacturing Engineering, Contamination Control Engineer
Rochester, New YorkJob ID SAS20223006-85713
What makes a successful Business and Operations team member at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
My favorite part of working for L3Harris is knowing that the parts that I procure go into products that help save lives.Lizzie, Procurement Associate, Rochester, NY
L3Harris Work Perks
- Medical with a High Deductible and traditional PPO plan options, as well as, vision and a full array of supplemental health benefits
- A doctors' service to help with referrals and second opinions for you, your family, and parents
- 4 weeks of paid parental leave for moms and dads
- Fertility treatment
- Subsidized backup childcare and eldercare
- Adoption assistance - $5,000 per adoption/$15,000 per employee
- Pet insurance
- No cap to your PTO time (for exempt employees)
- Dress for your day - wear what works for you at work
- Legal plan for you, your family, and parents
- Discount platform
- 9/80 work schedule available for most U.S. employees, effective October 24, 2022.
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across space, air, land, sea and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 47,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Sr Assoc, Manufacturing Engineering, Contamination Control Engineer
Job Code: SAS20223006-85713
Job Location: Rochester, NY
Provide engineering support for design, assembly, integration, and test of aerospace hardware. Job functions include developing product contamination requirements, writing and implementing contamination control plans, verifying product cleanliness, and supporting cleanroom operations.
- Develop Contamination Control Plans using customer requirements as a baseline. Includes mathematical modeling for particulate fallout and outgassing.
- Prepare and present summary presentations for Customer Readiness Reviews.
- Primary customer interface for all contamination issues and concerns throughout the life of the program.
- Make quality product release determinations based on non-volatile residue and particulate fallout measurements.
- Develop verification processes such as gravimetric and thermal quartz crystal microbalance.
- Evaluate Thermal Vacuum Bakeout results and determine outgassing rates and hardware compliance with customer requirements.
- Create and maintain department documentation. Includes keeping current to industry standards.
- Address concerns that arise during cleaning and verification processes (that are performed by technicians).
- Willing and able to work in a cleanroom environment
- Willing to work overtime, support shift work or extended shifts, weekends, or holidays
- Able to obtain a government security clearance
- Able to solve complex process/product manufacturing problems and effectively implement solutions
- Able to multitask
- Data driven, solution oriented
- Effective written and oral communication skills.
- Familiarity with various computing environments (Windows)
- Requires practical knowledge of job area typically obtained through advanced education combined with experience. Bachelor’s Degree and a minimum of 2 years of prior related experience or 2 years post-Secondary/ Associates Degree and a minimum of 6 years of prior related experience.
Preferred Additional Skills:
- B.S. in Physics or Chemistry desired
- Experience modeling contamination buildup on integrated optical or sensor products
- Familiar with contamination control methodologies; including precision cleaning processes, verification techniques, outgassing analysis, thermal vacuum bakeout, visual inspections, and cleanroom operations
- Experience with cleanliness verification techniques; including ASTM standards and IEST recommended practices
- Experience with cleanroom certification standards FED-STD-209 and ISO 14644
- Experience interfacing with cross functional teams, including customer and management representatives
- Able to create and execute process development tests and root cause investigations
- Able to understand and identify process product interactions
- US Security Clearance
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.