Fraud Awareness Message
Fraudsters have been known to attempt to use our name to trick job seekers with fake employment opportunities. This type of scam is normally carried out through fake websites, job postings, chat applications, or email accounts claiming to be from L3Harris. To help spot these scams, remember that during our formal recruitment process, L3Harris will NOT (1) ask you for money; (2) offer to send you a check before doing any work; (3) require you to provide sensitive personal information early in the process or sensitive information about your previous employer; (4) send you emails from free commercial services (e.g. Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail).
If you have been contacted by anyone representing themselves as being from L3Harris and are concerned about their legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at staffing@L3Harris.com .
If you believe you have been scammed, contact local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission here. L3Harris has no responsibility for fraudulent job offers and advises candidates to follow the guidance provided above.
Specialist, Trade Compliance
Rochester, New York;Job ID CS20221305-82341
What makes a successful Business and Operations team member at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
My favorite part of working for L3Harris is knowing that the parts that I procure go into products that help save lives.Lizzie, Procurement Associate, Rochester, NY
L3Harris Work Perks
- Medical with a High Deductible and traditional PPO plan options, as well as, vision and a full array of supplemental health benefits
- A doctors' service to help with referrals and second opinions for you, your family, and parents
- 4 weeks of paid parental leave for moms and dads
- Fertility treatment
- Subsidized backup childcare and eldercare
- Adoption assistance - $5,000 per adoption/$15,000 per employee
- Pet insurance
- No cap to your PTO time (for exempt employees)
- Dress for your day - wear what works for you at work
- Legal plan for you, your family, and parents
- Discount platform
- 9/80 work schedule available for most U.S. employees, effective October 24, 2022.
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across space, air, land, sea and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 47,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Specialist, Trade Compliance
Job Code: CS20221305-82341
Job Location: Remote
L3Harris is currently seeking a Specialist, Trade Compliance for our Communication Systems Segment. This role will be responsible for conducting jurisdiction and classification duties across the CS segment. Specifically, this role will:
• Conduct ITAR and EAR export jurisdiction and classification reviews of hardware, software and technical data
• Provide export classifications to support licensing and agreement applications
• Conduct custom classifications (HTS and Schedule B)
• Perform review and provides approval of technical data transfers to international third parties
• Perform review and provides approval for L3Harris information placed in the public domain
• Implement trade compliance policies in accordance with U.S. Export Regulations.
• Participate in the planning and execution of Trade Compliance audits
• Develop and deploy training
• Complete annual SME training
• Identify and recommend process improvements
• Report to the Manager, Technical Trade Compliance in the Communications Systems Segment of L3Harris
• Determine and document export and customs classifications
• Ensure compliance with ITAR, EAR, and Customs regulations including providing compliance guidance to both internal and external customers.
• Efficiently and effectively manages workload to include competing priorities and deadlines, ensuring on-time completion of activities.
• Uses thorough understanding and knowledge of the ITAR and EAR regulations in everyday job duties
•Bachelor’s Degree and minimum 4 years of prior related experience, or, Graduate Degree and a minimum of 2 years of prior related experience.
• Full working knowledge or ITAR, EAR, and Customs regulations with specific experience in ITAR/EAR jurisdiction and classification analysis.
• Verbal and communication skills needed to interact with all internal and external customers.
• Engineering Degree or equivalent technical experience
• Familiarity with LO/CLO and Anti-Tamper requirements
• Experience with OCR EASE
• Experience with Agile PDM
• Experience with software defined radio and night vision technologies
• U.S. Security clearance is preferred but not required
In compliance with Colorado’s Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, the salary range for this role in Colorado is $56,000 - $99,000. This is not a guarantee of compensation or salary, as final offer amount may vary based on factors including but not limited to experience and geographic location. L3Harris also offers a variety of benefits including: health and disability insurance, 401(k) match, flexible spending accounts, EAP, education assistance, parental leave, paid time off, and company-paid holidays. The specific programs and options available to an employee may vary depending on date of hire, schedule type, and the applicability of collective bargaining agreements.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.