Fraud Awareness Message
Fraudsters have been known to attempt to use our name to trick job seekers with fake employment opportunities. This type of scam is normally carried out through fake websites, job postings, chat applications, or email accounts claiming to be from L3Harris. To help spot these scams, remember that during our formal recruitment process, L3Harris will NOT (1) ask you for money; (2) offer to send you a check before doing any work; (3) require you to provide sensitive personal information early in the process or sensitive information about your previous employer; (4) send you emails from free commercial services (e.g. Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail).
If you have been contacted by anyone representing themselves as being from L3Harris and are concerned about their legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at staffing@L3Harris.com .
If you believe you have been scammed, contact local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission here. L3Harris has no responsibility for fraudulent job offers and advises candidates to follow the guidance provided above.
Specialist, Technical Training
Rochester, New YorkJob ID CS20222004-80963
What makes a successful Business and Operations team member at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
My favorite part of working for L3Harris is knowing that the parts that I procure go into products that help save lives.Lizzie, Procurement Associate, Rochester, NY
L3Harris Work Perks
- Medical with a High Deductible and traditional PPO plan options, as well as, vision and a full array of supplemental health benefits
- A doctors' service to help with referrals and second opinions for you, your family, and parents
- 4 weeks of paid parental leave for moms and dads
- Fertility treatment
- Subsidized backup childcare and eldercare
- Adoption assistance - $5,000 per adoption/$15,000 per employee
- Pet insurance
- No cap to your PTO time (for exempt employees)
- Dress for your day - wear what works for you at work
- Legal plan for you, your family, and parents
- Discount platform
- 9/80 work schedule available for most U.S. employees, effective October 24, 2022.
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across space, air, land, sea and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 47,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Specialist, Technical Training
Job Location: Rochester, NY
Job Code: CS20220606-80963
As a Technical Trainer at L3Harris you will leverage and develop your skills to deliver, oversee, and present tactical radio systems training courses for external (military, civilian & international) and internal customers. The qualified candidate will become a Subject Matter Expert (SME) on the operation and application of the core L3Harris Communication Systems product lines. Courses consist of lecture, practical lab, and field exercises, they take place at the Training Center in Rochester, NY and at customer locations around the world.
- The Technical Training Department is dedicated to delivering customer-centric material to every customer with accuracy and flawless execution.
- In the position you and your colleagues will utilize customer feedback and input from inter-departmental partners to assess customer needs for current and future course development.
- To provide efficient and effective customer service, L3Harris Technical Trainers collaborate with internal business partners in product management, engineering, and publications to develop course content.
- For example, Trainers partner with publication writers to assist in developing courseware and conducting usability tests of product manuals and other publications.
- The preferred candidate is an independent worker with strong collaboration skills. The most successful Technical Trainers are adept communicators in customer-facing settings. This position requires up to 50% of time on travel with potential for over time.
- Bachelor’s Degree and a minimum of 4 years of prior related experience or 2 years post-Secondary/ Associates Degree and 8 years of prior related experience. Graduate Degree or equivalent with 2 years of prior related experience.
- AAS/BS in Instructional Technology or equivalent military experience developing and delivering training material in the following areas: tactical communications techniques along with the operation and maintenance of military HF, VHF & UHF systems.
- Knowledge of L3Harris/RF Communications (AN/PRC-117G, AN/PRC-152A, AN/PRC-150) and VSAT terminal products
- Experience as a Department of Defense Training Developer/Writer, familiarity with the Army Systems Approach to Training (ASAT)
- Completion of the US Army Training and Education Development Course and Training Development Capability Course
- Knowledge of network systems administration, wireless networking, and IT support, including networking router technologies
- Experience and/or certifications in Lean Six-Sigma continuous improvement
- Foreign language skills, for example fluent in Arabic or Spanish
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills particularly with customers and business partners
- Skilled in inter-departmental collaboration, for example providing input on multimedia training tools
- Adept at analyzing processes or challenges and strategizing to develop effective solutions
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.