Fraud Awareness Message
Fraudsters have been known to attempt to use our name to trick job seekers with fake employment opportunities. This type of scam is normally carried out through fake websites, job postings, chat applications, or email accounts claiming to be from L3Harris. To help spot these scams, remember that during our formal recruitment process, L3Harris will NOT (1) ask you for money; (2) offer to send you a check before doing any work; (3) require you to provide sensitive personal information early in the process or sensitive information about your previous employer; (4) send you emails from free commercial services (e.g. Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail).
If you have been contacted by anyone representing themselves as being from L3Harris and are concerned about their legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at staffing@L3Harris.com .
If you believe you have been scammed, contact local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission here. L3Harris has no responsibility for fraudulent job offers and advises candidates to follow the guidance provided above.
Specialist, System Administration TS/SCI- Rochester, NY
Rochester, New YorkJob ID SAS20232601-96250
What makes a successful Business and Operations team member at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
My favorite part of working for L3Harris is knowing that the parts that I procure go into products that help save lives.Lizzie, Procurement Associate, Rochester, NY
L3Harris Work Perks
- Medical with a High Deductible and traditional PPO plan options, as well as, vision and a full array of supplemental health benefits
- A doctors' service to help with referrals and second opinions for you, your family, and parents
- 4 weeks of paid parental leave for moms and dads
- Fertility treatment
- Subsidized backup childcare and eldercare
- Adoption assistance - $5,000 per adoption/$15,000 per employee
- Pet insurance
- No cap to your PTO time (for exempt employees)
- Dress for your day - wear what works for you at work
- Legal plan for you, your family, and parents
- Discount platform
- 9/80 work schedule available for most U.S. employees, effective October 24, 2022.
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across space, air, land, sea and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 47,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Specialist, System Administration
Job Code: SAS20232601-96250
Job Location: Rochester, NY
- This position requires proficiency in Window server and workstation administration.
- The infrastructure consists of virtual and physical servers supporting a variety of projects ranging from development to high-availability environments.
- Key responsibilities include: build, configure, troubleshoot and integrate new and existing servers; physical and virtual. Support network systems in multiple secure/closed areas located in Rochester, NY
- Must possess a broad Windows background to support engineering and administrative networks in multiple sites.
- This is a mid-level position with opportunities to grow and learn new technologies.
- Configuration, installation, and management of end user computing devices, including Windows operating systems.
- Monitor and tune the system to achieve optimum level of performance. Ensures server data integrity by evaluating, implementing and managing appropriate software and hardware solutions.
- Ensure data/media recoverability by implementing a schedule of system backups and database archive operations.
- Conduct routine hardware and software audits of servers for compliance with established standards, policies, procedures and configuration guidelines.
- Knowledge of networking associated with a LAN based server and workstations.
- Communicate with a variety of hardware and software vendors to receive quotes and resolve infrastructure challenges.
- Ability to effectively communicate and work within a diverse management environment.
- Provide after hours and weekend on-call support as needed.
- Travel to multiple locations within the Rochester area.
- May require carrying and lifting tool kit/parts up to 50 lbs.; May require bending/squatting, walking/standing/sitting for prolonged periods.
- Bachelor’s degree (IT, MIS, CIS, CS or equivalent) and a minimum of 4 years of experience, 2 year post-secondary/AA Degree and 8 years prior experience, Graduate Degree with 2 years prior experience.
- Active TS/SCI clearance.
- CompTIA Security+, CISSP or any DoD 8570 IAT level I or higher approved certification
- Active Directory or AD Group Policy experience.
- One year of experience with PowerShell scripting.
- One year of experience managing a large windows domain.
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Experience in Windows systems administration managing an enterprise environment
- 1 year of network administration experience.
- Experience with VMware ESXi.
- Experience with network automation practices for patching, system deployment, and configuration (SCCM, WSUS, Scripting, etc.)
- Experience with Red Hat Linux or Linux Variant.
- Experience with Exchange administration
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.