Specialist, AI&T Manufacturing Engineer
Rochester, New YorkJob ID SAS20211802-56822
What makes a successful Business and Operations team member at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
My favorite part of working for L3Harris is knowing that the parts that I procure go into products that help save lives.Lizzie, Procurement Associate, Rochester, NY
L3Harris Work Perks
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Lead, AI&T Manufacturing Engineer
Job Code: SAS20211802-56822
Job Location: Rochester, NY
L3Harris in Rochester, NY is looking for an experienced Manufacturing Engineer for our Assembly, Integration and Test area. Primary Engineering responsibility is for process support of the AI&T manufacturing department. Utilizes basic technical standards, principles, theories and concepts to meet specific job assignments. May be assigned the overall engineering responsibility for a project or part of a project depending on size, scope and complexity. A Manufacturing Engineer at this level will have a knowledge base of engineering and manufacturing fundamentals that would allow him/her to ensure that technical specifications on finished assemblies can be met. This Manufacturing Engineer will be capable of using engineering equations and analysis tools to determine best manufacturing processes as needed. Also, this engineer is required to make on-site judgment calls about process and equipment capabilities, cycle time, assembly process and product specifications. In addition, this engineer will be able to draw or convey concepts for solutions to peer groups and estimate a cost and lead time for such a concept. Finally, this Manufacturing Engineer is required to have a basic knowledge of the manufacturing processes of upstream components in order to create processes that can be manufactured with available equipment and to arrive at solutions to assembly and integration problems.
- Provide engineering support for the assembly and integration of a variety of mid to large-sized prototype and state-of-the-art structural composites assemblies for internal L3Harris systems and external commercial customers.
- Monitor assembly process quality.
- Propose and lead assembly process improvement projects.
- Write detailed manufacturing instructions.
- Interface with and direct technicians and other operations personnel.
- Interact with hardware designers through specifications of functional requirements for assembly and integration support equipment.
- Support design engineering, analysis, program management and IPT leads, process development, and proposal activities.
- Ability to provide strong leadership to teams made up of engineers and technicians
- Ability to work collaboratively with a team of highly skilled process/metrology engineers and technicians.
- Proof of strong problem-solving capability, people skills, and the ability to conduct presentations for management, technical experts, and customers.
- Create and deliver presentations for Peer Reviews, Manufacturing Readiness Reviews, internal management reviews, and customer reviews.
- This position is a direct report to the AI&T Manufacturing Engineering Supervisor.
- Bachelor’s Degree and minimum 4 years of prior relevant experience or 2 years post-Secondary/ Associates Degree and a minimum of 8 years of prior related experience. Graduate Degree and a minimum of 2 years of prior related experience.
- Prior experience in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Project, PowerPoint, Visio), data analysis techniques and the use of other applicable software applications such as Matlab
- Advanced understanding and application of Geometric Dimension and Tolerancing (GD&T)
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Master's Degree in specialty field related to assembly, integration and test
- Direct experience with optical metrology and precision engineering.
- Knowledge of statistical analysis and Design of Experiments.
- Broad knowledge of project management.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.