Fraud Awareness Message
Fraudsters have been known to attempt to use our name to trick job seekers with fake employment opportunities. This type of scam is normally carried out through fake websites, job postings, chat applications, or email accounts claiming to be from L3Harris. To help spot these scams, remember that during our formal recruitment process, L3Harris will NOT (1) ask you for money; (2) offer to send you a check before doing any work; (3) require you to provide sensitive personal information early in the process or sensitive information about your previous employer; (4) send you emails from free commercial services (e.g. Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail).
If you have been contacted by anyone representing themselves as being from L3Harris and are concerned about their legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at staffing@L3Harris.com .
If you believe you have been scammed, contact local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission here. L3Harris has no responsibility for fraudulent job offers and advises candidates to follow the guidance provided above.
Specialist, Electrical Engineer – Cable & Harness Design
Rochester, New YorkJob ID SAS20211309-69280
On the L3Harris team, your job is to secure the world. We don’t work here just for the advanced technology and equipment: We work here because we know what – and who – we’re protecting. From families to the intelligence community, and from our climate to our men and women in uniform – we’re making the world a safer place. Working in Software with L3Harris you'll join our team of qualified, diverse individuals and work in a fast-paced environment with high expectations, global scope, and a collaborative team setting.
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Specialist, Electrical Engineer – Cable & Harness Design
Job Code: SAS20211309-69280
Job Location:Rochester, NY
The Rochester facility designs, builds, integrates, and tests electro-optical imaging payloads. These instruments contain complex analog, power, and digital electronics. Cable Designer responsibilities will include the design and development of electrical wiring and cable assembly drawings for overall system including the selection of electro-mechanical components such as connectors, relays, switches, circuit breakers, and terminal junctions to meet Mil Spec requirements and to program requirements. Documentation release and participation on/leading electrical technical teams with a general supervision oversight. This position may also assist the Project Manager in giving technical customer presentations and insuring schedule and budget objectives are met.
- Bachelor degree in Electrical Engineering, Electrical Engineering Technology, or equivalent with a minimum of 4 years of relevant cable engineering and design work experience. Graduate Degree and a minimum of 2 years of prior related experience.
- Work Experience of Cable wire harness drawing and parts list generation using Microsoft VISIO, CREO, Mentor Graphics and other design tools.
- Experience performing technical reviews, peer reviews of engineering drawings and documentation.
- Technical Specification and Interface Control Document Experience
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Experience leading technical teams
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Communicate with manufacturing, test, mechanical engineers, program leadership, and customers on technical issues and status of work.
- Provide engineering support and direction to other staff in the technical area of wire harness, schematic design and related materials and processes.
- Analog & Digital Design Experience
- Cost & Schedule Management Experience
- Develop and review electrical engineering documentation to ensure compliance to higher level specifications
- Experience performing risk analysis and developing risk mitigation plans
- Root cause analysis experience
- Mentor early career electrical engineers and cable designers
- Strong presentation generation and delivery skills
- Experience defining grounding architecture to satisfy EMI and EMC requirements
- Space Flight Cable and Harness Design Experience
- Ability to obtain TS/SCI Clearance
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.
What makes a successful Engineer at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Critical Thinker
- Detail Oriented
I love my job because every day there’s a new problem to tackle, a new skill to learn and an awesome team that has my back.Heather S., Engineer
L3Harris Work Perks