Continuous Improvement Compliance Specialist
Rochester, New YorkJob ID CS20210604-59265
What makes a successful Business and Operations team member at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
My favorite part of working for L3Harris is knowing that the parts that I procure go into products that help save lives.Lizzie, Procurement Associate, Rochester, NY
L3Harris Work Perks
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Continuous Improvement Compliance Specialist
Job Code: CS20210604-59265
Job Location: Rochester, NY
L3Harris is currently seeking a Specialist, Trade Compliance for our CS Segment. CS Trade Compliance is responsible to strengthen and formalize segment level Trade policies and procedures and to conduct process improvements across the function. This role will assume full responsibility for mapping process related to Trade Investigations and Trade Policy and Procedure requirements. Specifically, this role will:
- Investigate procedural aspects of Trade Compliance investigations, including interviewing employees, reviewing documents, and mapping processes and procedures.
- Work with Trade Compliance staff and business representatives to conduct root cause analysis and develop effective corrective action plans for violations of export regulations and company policy.
- Assist internal investigations related to potential regulatory violations.
- Develop and lead process improvement projects with the CS Trade Compliance function.
- Assist with the development of case studies, trainings, and communications related to trade compliance issues and processes.
- Contribute to reviews and updates to Trade Compliance policies and procedures.
- Assist with the execution of special projects.
- Reports to the Manger, Trade Compliance Operations in the Communications Systems segment of L3Harris, Technologies, Inc.
- Bachelor’s Degree and minimum 4 years of prior relevant experience or 2 years post-Secondary/ Associates Degree and a minimum of 8 years of prior related experience. Graduate Degree and a minimum of 2 years of prior related experience.
- Minimum 2 years of managing projects focused on applying Six Sigma, Lean, and Kaizen methodologies, including problem-solving, root-cause analysis, and process management.
- U.S. Security clearance is preferred but not required.
- Subject matter expertise in understanding government regulations with primary focus on ITAR, EAR, and Customs requirements.
- Experience with OCR EASE.
- Experience in administering SharePoint and Microsoft Teams environments.
- Strong candidates will have a green or black belt in Lean Six Sigma certification, or equivalent
- Excellent writing skills; must be able to assimilate and analyze complex information and draft clear and concise narratives.
- Keen judgment, discretion, and ability to maintain confidential information.
- Strong interpersonal skills and effective oral communication skills
- Ability to multitask and manage competing deadlines.
- Ability to work independently but remain a team player.
- Proficiency in using spreadsheets, PowerPoint, Visio, and databases.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.