Fraud Awareness Message
Fraudsters have been known to attempt to use our name to trick job seekers with fake employment opportunities. This type of scam is normally carried out through fake websites, job postings, chat applications, or email accounts claiming to be from L3Harris. To help spot these scams, remember that during our formal recruitment process, L3Harris will NOT (1) ask you for money; (2) offer to send you a check before doing any work; (3) require you to provide sensitive personal information early in the process or sensitive information about your previous employer; (4) send you emails from free commercial services (e.g. Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail).
If you have been contacted by anyone representing themselves as being from L3Harris and are concerned about their legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at staffing@L3Harris.com .
If you believe you have been scammed, contact local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission here. L3Harris has no responsibility for fraudulent job offers and advises candidates to follow the guidance provided above.
Spec, Systems Engineer (TCOM)
Rochester, New YorkJob ID CS20221411-93397
On the L3Harris team, your job is to secure the world. We don’t work here just for the advanced technology and equipment: We work here because we know what – and who – we’re protecting. From families to the intelligence community, and from our climate to our men and women in uniform – we’re making the world a safer place. Working with the L3Harris's engineering team, you'll join our team of qualified, diverse individuals and work in a fast-paced environment with high expectations, global scope, and a collaborative team setting.
What makes a successful Systems Engineer at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Problem Solver
Flexible work schedule, paid overtime, cool technology, no micromanagement, nice campus, fun co-workersSystems Engineer
L3Harris Work Perks
- Medical with a High Deductible and traditional PPO plan options, as well as, vision and a full array of supplemental health benefits
- A doctors' service to help with referrals and second opinions for you, your family, and parents
- 4 weeks of paid parental leave for moms and dads
- Fertility treatment
- Subsidized backup childcare and eldercare
- Adoption assistance - $5,000 per adoption/$15,000 per employee
- Pet insurance
- No cap to your PTO time (for exempt employees)
- Dress for your day - wear what works for you at work
- Legal plan for you, your family, and parents
- Discount platform
- 9/80 work schedule available for most U.S. employees, effective October 24, 2022.
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across space, air, land, sea and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 47,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Systems Engineer – System Architecture
Job Location: Rochester, NY
Job Code: CS20221411-93397
L3Harris Corporation is a leading global supplier of secure communications system solutions for military, government and commercial organizations. The Tactical Communications (TCOMM) Systems team develops and delivers complete integrated mission solutions to our customers based on L3Harris product portfolio.
L3Harris’ Communication Systems segment is currently seeking a Systems Engineer – System Architecture to join our team. This position will be based at our Rochester-NY facility.
This Systems Engineer Architect will drive growth for L3Harris’s integrated solutions
- Support the expansion of core Systems Architectures (SA) and System CONOPS for the Global Communications System Segment. Tailor the SA and CONOPS based on specific customer use cases.
- Identify Key differentiators for common SAs based the broad L3Harris Technologies product catalog.
- Develop systems for proposals, pursuits, and programs utilizing L3Harris and other OEM equipment to offer a complete customer solution integrated into customer systems and various platforms (land vehicle, ship, aircraft, UAV). Tactical systems deployed over following: HF, VHF, UHF, and microwave radios, custom design peripheral subsystems for both voice and data applications.
- Support the development of solutions which integrate Strategic And Tactical Satellite Communications (SATCOM) equipment and networks with complementary communications equipment (LOS radio or IP networking).
- Complete integration of RF (Radio and SATCOM) equipment, electronics, software applications, and power systems into fixed sites, vehicles, and shelters.
- Work closely with Sales and Business Development to capture and document customer requirements.
- Prepare white papers and presentations.
- Support Proposal Lead to ensure that proposals are executed efficiently and on schedule.
- Coordinate with Project Management to ensure the conversion of customer requirements, including informal requirements, into solutions that balance the technical, schedule and cost constraints for the system design.
- Work effectively with other organizations (Engineering, Sales, Program Management, and Operations) to complete assigned projects.
- Utilize common Modeling Base System Engineering (MBSE) tools to develop and document SAs
- Domestic and International travel in support of Systems programs, proposals and demonstrations up to 30% of the time..
- BSEE/BSME/BSCE/BSSE and minimum 4 years of prior relevant experience or 2 years post-Secondary/ Associates Degree and a minimum of 8 years of prior related experience. Graduate Degree and a minimum of 2 years of prior related experience.
- 2+ years' of experience with commercial and military communications systems
- At least 1 year of experience with RF equipment
- At least 1 years of experience with IP equipment, including configuration, application and troubleshooting of routers, switches, IP networks and servers
- Exposure to technical proposal experience to include knowledge and expertise in the following areas: detailed scheduling, work breakdown structure development, basis of estimates development and technical writing.
- Executing and supporting in person customers demonstrations and integration activities.
- Proficiency at writing clear and concise language tailored to a wide variety of audiences. Successful candidate will possess excellent technical, interpersonal and customer skills, plus demonstrate the capacity to effectively foster team building within and beyond his/her work group.
- Proposal experience to include knowledge and expertise in the following areas: detailed scheduling, work breakdown structure development, basis of estimates development and technical writing.
- Knowledge of RF antenna systems, two-way tactical radio systems, microwave systems, other wireless systems, IP networks, International Government / DoD systems experience desirable. Experience with tactical / mobile networking.
- Understanding of RF equipment, including up converters, down converters, spectrum analyzers, signal generators - Experience with SATCOM antenna equipment and installations
- Experience with MBSE system modelling tools.
- International travel experiences as well as foreign language proficiency a plus.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.