Fraud Awareness Message
Fraudsters have been known to attempt to use our name to trick job seekers with fake employment opportunities. This type of scam is normally carried out through fake websites, job postings, chat applications, or email accounts claiming to be from L3Harris. To help spot these scams, remember that during our formal recruitment process, L3Harris will NOT (1) ask you for money; (2) offer to send you a check before doing any work; (3) require you to provide sensitive personal information early in the process or sensitive information about your previous employer; (4) send you emails from free commercial services (e.g. Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail).
If you have been contacted by anyone representing themselves as being from L3Harris and are concerned about their legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at staffing@L3Harris.com .
If you believe you have been scammed, contact local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission here. L3Harris has no responsibility for fraudulent job offers and advises candidates to follow the guidance provided above.
Rochester, New YorkJob ID CS20210208-66696
What makes a successful Business and Operations team member at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
My favorite part of working for L3Harris is knowing that the parts that I procure go into products that help save lives.Lizzie, Procurement Associate, Rochester, NY
L3Harris Work Perks
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title Specialist, Subcontracts
Job Location – Rochester, NY
Job Code – CS20210208-66696
Subcontract Manager Position, an integral member of a Harris Defense Communications cross-functional team, responsible for supporting Subcontract acquisition activities within a CAS compliant environment from the proposal stage through Program award and execution. The acquisition value stream includes requirements definition, sourcing, negotiation and definitization, acceptance and subcontract close-out. Responsible for managing Supplier’s performance and ensuring that L3Harris and Customer objectives are achieved.
- Subcontract Management - Manages subcontract work statements and terms and conditions for the procurement of materials, equipment and/or services. Prepares bid packages, analyzes and evaluates proposals, negotiates subcontract provisions, selects or recommends subcontractors, writes awards and administers resulting subcontracts, ensures compliance to all internal and Government FAR/DFAR/DPAS/CPSR Procurements Regulations, monitors Subcontractor performance and initiates corrective action measures when necessary. Negotiates and coordinates additions, deletions or modifications to Subcontracts.
- Accountable for effective planning of material requirements, Supplier evaluation and selection, placement of Subcontracts for supplies or services and for the conduct of Supplier relations resulting in successful support of business objectives.
- Draft and negotiate contract vehicles including Subcontracts, Service and Supply Agreements, engineering service agreements and NDA's.
- Manages Subcontractor cost, schedule and technical performance to insure meeting Subcontracted Program contractual commitments. Establishes major milestones such as preliminary and critical reviews and other schedule goals. Establishes and implements program plans in compliance with specifications, performance requirements, costs and schedules. Works closely with Engineering and Programs and reports on Subcontractor status and performance.
- Coordinates efforts with other Functional departments in fulfillment of Subcontract management responsibilities on new and continuing programs.
- Advances Subcontracts Team’s involvement in business activities - participate as a business advocate, evaluate and propose real-time solutions.
- Senior professional with strong knowledge of subcontracts and supply chain. Responsible for writing, issuing and negotiating RFPs, NDAs, license agreements and subcontracts in support of Defense Communications business line.
- Communicates with contacts inside and outside of own department to explain and interpret operational processes, practices, and procedures.
- Works to achieve operational targets for specific programs and projects with moderate impact on departmental results.
- BA/BS required plus 4 years of related subcontract experience or Graduate degree with 2 + years of related subcontract experience.
Preferred Additional Skills:
- 3+ years of experience working with the FAR/DFAR/DPAS, Socio-economic requirements, Export Control Laws, INCO terms and U.S. Government, commercial and international procurement methods Experience with Fixed Price and Cost reimbursable contracts
- Experienced in negotiating terms and conditions (FAR/DFAR and commercial law based) with knowledge in intellectual property rights, software license agreements and development contracts.
- Ability to manage many subcontracts simultaneously
- Strong Program Management / Subcontracts focus
- Proficient in Microsoft Suite of Products
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.