Spec, Manufacturng Engrg
Rochester, New YorkJob ID CS20211404-59739
What makes a successful Business and Operations team member at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
My favorite part of working for L3Harris is knowing that the parts that I procure go into products that help save lives.Lizzie, Procurement Associate, Rochester, NY
L3Harris Work Perks
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Specialist, Manufacturing Engineer
Job Code: CS20211404-59739
Job Location: Rochester, NY
L3Harris is seeking a Manufacturing Engineer, Specialist to develop printed circuit board assembly strategies for new and existing products. Designs, develops and integrates automated processes and solutions while providing process documentation for shop floor operators. Develops manufacturing strategies for specific products and processes. Interfaces with manufacturing, engineering, vendor and subcontractor representatives to ensure requirements are met. Estimates manufacturing costs, determines time standards, and makes recommendations for tooling and process requirements of new or existing product lines. Support production validation builds on new processes and implements modifications based on feedback.
- Utilize SMT equipment and process knowledge to identify quality and throughput improvement opportunities and implement solutions to realize these improvements.
- Support assembly processes for existing products, including implementation of design changes, process improvements, and root cause corrective actions.
- Engage in Design for Assembly and Design for Manufacturing efforts to drive product and process improvements.
- Standard use of e3 / Lean Six Sigma philosophy/tools for ongoing improvements. Support development and implementation of quality metrics to drive improvement and business results.
- BS in Manufacturing, Industrial Engineering, other Engineering Disciplines and a minimum of 4 years of equivalent work experience or MS with a minimum of 2 years of experience.
- SMT (Solder Paste Print, Pick and Place, Reflow) process knowledge of high reliability electronics, including BGA, micro BGA, CSP, and QFN components.
- Certification of Lean Principles, 5S+1, VSM, Standard Work, and other Lean Manufacturing Tools.
- Working knowledge of IPC documentation, including IPC-A-610 and J-STD-001.
- Lean Six Sigma Green Belt certification.
- Structured thinker with high detail orientation and strong written and verbal communication skills.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.