Fraud Awareness Message
Fraudsters have been known to attempt to use our name to trick job seekers with fake employment opportunities. This type of scam is normally carried out through fake websites, job postings, chat applications, or email accounts claiming to be from L3Harris. To help spot these scams, remember that during our formal recruitment process, L3Harris will NOT (1) ask you for money; (2) offer to send you a check before doing any work; (3) require you to provide sensitive personal information early in the process or sensitive information about your previous employer; (4) send you emails from free commercial services (e.g. Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail).
If you have been contacted by anyone representing themselves as being from L3Harris and are concerned about their legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at staffing@L3Harris.com .
If you believe you have been scammed, contact local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission here. L3Harris has no responsibility for fraudulent job offers and advises candidates to follow the guidance provided above.
Software Engineer (Hybrid)
Rochester, New YorkJob ID CS20222605-83041
On the L3Harris team, your job is to secure the world. We don’t work here just for the advanced technology and equipment: We work here because we know what – and who – we’re protecting. From families to the intelligence community, and from our climate to our men and women in uniform – we’re making the world a safer place. Working in Software with L3Harris you'll join our team of qualified, diverse individuals and work in a fast-paced environment with high expectations, global scope, and a collaborative team setting.
What makes a successful Engineer at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Critical Thinker
- Detail Oriented
I love my job because every day there’s a new problem to tackle, a new skill to learn and an awesome team that has my back.Heather S., Engineer
L3Harris Work Perks
- Medical with a High Deductible and traditional PPO plan options, as well as, vision and a full array of supplemental health benefits
- A doctors' service to help with referrals and second opinions for you, your family, and parents
- 4 weeks of paid parental leave for moms and dads
- Fertility treatment
- Subsidized backup childcare and eldercare
- Adoption assistance - $5,000 per adoption/$15,000 per employee
- Pet insurance
- No cap to your PTO time (for exempt employees)
- Dress for your day - wear what works for you at work
- Legal plan for you, your family, and parents
- Discount platform
- 9/80 work schedule available for most U.S. employees, effective October 24, 2022.
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across space, air, land, sea and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 47,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Specialist, Software Engrg (Hybrid)
Job Location: Rochester, NY
Job Code: CS20222605-83041
- Responsible for research, design, and development of embedded software development for multi-channel radio products.
- Requires the application of the principles and techniques of computer engineering, software engineering, electrical engineering, and mathematical analysis to daily tasking.
- Analyzes requirements to determine feasibility of design within time and cost constraints
- Ability to develop and analyze design tradeoffs against scope, cost, and schedule constraints
- Consults with electrical engineers and other engineering staff to evaluate interface between hardware and software/firmware, and operational performance requirements of the overall system.
- Experience with mentoring of engineers
- Develops and conducts software system testing procedures, programming, and documentation.
- Design, implement, test, and maintain embedded software for real-time control of advanced tactical radio equipment.
- Provide technical support to internal and external customers including factory software introduction support and manufacturing issue resolution.
- Execution of software development process in a CMMI Level 3 environment.
- Perform coding and unit test of resultant software/firmware.
- Perform software/firmware component integration
- Participate and lead peer reviews
- Identifying, tracking and repairing defects.
- Lead the design and development of complex features within an embedded software development environment to deliver value to our customers.
- Analyze, fix, and validate software bugs to improve quality and meet customer needs.
- Proactively identify opportunities for continuous improvement within software, processes and tools.
- Requires proficient knowledge of job area typically obtained through advanced education combined with experience. May have practical knowledge of project management. Bachelor’s Degree and minimum 4 years of prior relevant experience or 2 years post-Secondary/ Associates Degree and a minimum of 8 years of prior related experience. Graduate Degree and a minimum of 2 years of prior related experience.
- Ability to obtain a secret clearance
- Familiarity with real-time operating systems, such as QNX or Linux
- Ability to interpret hardware schematics, circuit designs, and datasheets
- Proficiency with C, C++
- Proficiency with multi-threaded, multi-core design and/or real-time operating systems
- Experience with object-oriented design and CORBA
- Understanding of Design, Implementation and Testing of large software systems
- Experience with software emulators/debuggers
- Experience with network fundamentals and network equipment is desirable
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment, good interpersonal and communication skills
- Creativity in problem solving
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.