Fraud Awareness Message
Fraudsters have been known to attempt to use our name to trick job seekers with fake employment opportunities. This type of scam is normally carried out through fake websites, job postings, chat applications, or email accounts claiming to be from L3Harris. To help spot these scams, remember that during our formal recruitment process, L3Harris will NOT (1) ask you for money; (2) offer to send you a check before doing any work; (3) require you to provide sensitive personal information early in the process or sensitive information about your previous employer; (4) send you emails from free commercial services (e.g. Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail).
If you have been contacted by anyone representing themselves as being from L3Harris and are concerned about their legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at staffing@L3Harris.com .
If you believe you have been scammed, contact local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission here. L3Harris has no responsibility for fraudulent job offers and advises candidates to follow the guidance provided above.
Senior Software Quality Assurance Engineer- Hybrid
Rochester, New YorkJob ID CS20222911-93976
What makes a successful Business and Operations team member at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
My favorite part of working for L3Harris is knowing that the parts that I procure go into products that help save lives.Lizzie, Procurement Associate, Rochester, NY
L3Harris Work Perks
- Medical with a High Deductible and traditional PPO plan options, as well as, vision and a full array of supplemental health benefits
- A doctors' service to help with referrals and second opinions for you, your family, and parents
- 4 weeks of paid parental leave for moms and dads
- Fertility treatment
- Subsidized backup childcare and eldercare
- Adoption assistance - $5,000 per adoption/$15,000 per employee
- Pet insurance
- No cap to your PTO time (for exempt employees)
- Dress for your day - wear what works for you at work
- Legal plan for you, your family, and parents
- Discount platform
- 9/80 work schedule available for most U.S. employees, effective October 24, 2022.
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across space, air, land, sea and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 47,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Senior Software Quality Assurance Engineer - Hybrid
Job Location: Rochester, NY
Job Code: CS20222911-93976
The Software Quality Engineer (SQE) is responsible for the Software Quality Assurance (SQA) of products and services provided to our customers. This is accomplished through defined activities which ensure the quality of the software engineering processes that ultimately result in quality software products. These activities involve process-focused actions to establish and evaluate the processes that produce products and services, and ensure continuous improvement. This is performed throughout the entire development and production processes for software and firmware which include contract review, requirement definition, design generation, production, testing and operations and maintenance activities. The success of the software and firmware products depends on process compliance, product conformance, the quality of the product as well as the product’s ability to hit the market on time and budget.
The SQE will report into the SW Process and Productivity Team, and will perform auditing, monitoring, and evaluation of quality for multiple software development projects across their lifecycles. The SQE will also report on quality activities and status directly to the Tactical Communciations Software Engineering functional lead.
- Performing quality assurrance related activities in a software development environment on multiple projects
- Contributing to each assigned project’s product reliability, supplier, and process improvement activities
- Participating in required project and organizational peer reviews per project plans and our Quality Management System
- Assisting in ensuring adherence to the defined software process and the projects software development plan
- Auditing, monitoring, evaluating, and reporting on project quality and process adherence status related to internal execution and external subcontractor / supplier activities for the full project life cycleInterfacing within Engineering and with customers, Product Line Management and Program Management and the process liaison teams
- Strong knowledge of job area and broad knowledge of software development and project management activities
- Communicates within and outside of own function to gain cooperation on operational processes, practices, and procedures
- Lead and participate in the preparation for CMMI appraisals
- Provide inputs on organizational software process improvement initiatives
- Contributes to achievement of organizational goals and operating plans
- Bachelor’s Degree and minimum 6 years of prior relevant experience. Graduate Degree and a minimum of 4 years of prior related experience.
- Experience with Software Quality Assurance (SQA) in a software development environment.
- Experience with the CMMI v2.0 model
- Effective audit and investigative techniques.
- Strong organizational and communication skills with a demonstrated ability to proactively take initiative and complete tasks in a timely manner.
- Working knowledge and experience in effective quality methods.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.