Fraud Awareness Message
Fraudsters have been known to attempt to use our name to trick job seekers with fake employment opportunities. This type of scam is normally carried out through fake websites, job postings, chat applications, or email accounts claiming to be from L3Harris. To help spot these scams, remember that during our formal recruitment process, L3Harris will NOT (1) ask you for money; (2) offer to send you a check before doing any work; (3) require you to provide sensitive personal information early in the process or sensitive information about your previous employer; (4) send you emails from free commercial services (e.g. Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail).
If you have been contacted by anyone representing themselves as being from L3Harris and are concerned about their legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at staffing@L3Harris.com .
If you believe you have been scammed, contact local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission here. L3Harris has no responsibility for fraudulent job offers and advises candidates to follow the guidance provided above.
Senior Scientist, Chief Engineer - Imaging Solutions (Top Secret Clearance)
Rochester, New YorkJob ID SAS20223006-85852
On the L3Harris team, your job is to secure the world. We don’t work here just for the advanced technology and equipment: We work here because we know what – and who – we’re protecting. From families to the intelligence community, and from our climate to our men and women in uniform – we’re making the world a safer place. Working with the L3Harris's engineering team, you'll join our team of qualified, diverse individuals and work in a fast-paced environment with high expectations, global scope, and a collaborative team setting.
What makes a successful Systems Engineer at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Problem Solver
Flexible work schedule, paid overtime, cool technology, no micromanagement, nice campus, fun co-workersSystems Engineer
L3Harris Work Perks
- Medical with a High Deductible and traditional PPO plan options, as well as, vision and a full array of supplemental health benefits
- A doctors' service to help with referrals and second opinions for you, your family, and parents
- 4 weeks of paid parental leave for moms and dads
- Fertility treatment
- Subsidized backup childcare and eldercare
- Adoption assistance - $5,000 per adoption/$15,000 per employee
- Pet insurance
- No cap to your PTO time (for exempt employees)
- Dress for your day - wear what works for you at work
- Legal plan for you, your family, and parents
- Discount platform
- 9/80 work schedule available for most U.S. employees, effective October 24, 2022.
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across space, air, land, sea and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 47,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Senior Scientist, Division Chief Engineer Imaging
Job Code: SAS20223006-85852
Job Location: Rochester, NY
L3Harris' Space and Airborne Systems seeks a Chief Engineer with expertise in EO/IR Space Systems to join our growing team. The person in this position will be deployed as a Chief Engineer for a large division within L3Harris, responsible for the technical strategy and technical execution of ongoing customer funded efforts. This includes all phases of development from pre-award concept development, initial architecture and development of interfaces and component requirements through design, testing and verification, on to production support. The Chief Engineer will be responsible for directing the execution activities of all functional disciplines for existing programs and new pursuits.
- Deployed to Business Unit VP/GM
- Accountable for program performance (cost, schedule, technical) across the Business Unit
- Establishes program risks/opportunities
- Identifies opportunities for engineering improvements (people, process, and tools)
- Ensures engineering initiatives are adopted by the business
- Ensures program staffing demand for engineering is defined and documented
- Responsible for program design change approval
- Engineering POC for program accomplishments, issues, highlights and weekly status
- Ensures readiness for design reviews
- Drives to prevent unique product implementation at proposal phase/concept design
- Lead/establish Independent Review Teams
- Responsible for technical issue resolution, ensures root cause is identified and corrective actions are executed
- Supports new business pursuits / owns proposal cost reviews
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Physics or similar technical field or equivalent and a minimum of 15 years of prior relevant experience. Graduate Degree and a minimum of 13 years of prior related experience
- 5+ years of functional management experience, leading a large team >50 resources across multiple disciplines
- Active Top Secret security clearance
Preferred Additional Skills:
- 5+ years of Space Systems domain knowledge desired
- Strong multi-disciplinary technical breadth in Space and Ground Domain
- Ability to quickly understand missions, customer sets, drive strategy
- Experience in technical issue resolution, ability to ensure root cause is identified
- Experience supporting new business pursuits
- Ability to plan and execute internal investment strategy
- Experience successfully establishing new engineering teams in remote locations
- Experience successfully executing multi-site engineering efforts
- Able to present results and communicate with customers and senior management
- Technical background in:
- Optical engineering
- Mechanical engineering
- Remote Imaging
- Ground Systems
- Spacecraft and Payload Design
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.