Rochester, New YorkJob ID CS20211503-58108
What makes a successful Business and Operations team member at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
My favorite part of working for L3Harris is knowing that the parts that I procure go into products that help save lives.Lizzie, Procurement Associate, Rochester, NY
L3Harris Work Perks
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title – Senior Accountant
Job Location – Rochester, NY
Job ID – CS20211503-58108
Senior Accountant role will work with the front end of the business (Bids & Proposals, Program Management and Contracts) to understand and evaluate contract terms and conditions and their impact to revenue recognition.
- Make revenue recognition determinations for large contracts based on Accounting Standards Codification 606.
- Prepare documentation and obtain approvals to support accounting determinations prior to revenue recognition.
- Effectively communicate results to senior level management.
- Prepare analysis to understand revenue determination trends and thresholds for contract reviews.
- Analyze historical sales to support management’s assumptions for standalone pricing.
- Support and update internal controls relating to the revenue recognition process.
- Support internal and external audit of revenue recognition related matters.
- Reconcile key revenue related ledger accounts.
- Be an integral team player on meeting monthly close process and deadlines.
- Assist with Ad Hoc request and reporting as necessary.
- Bachelor’s Degree and a minimum 4 years relevant experience; Master's degree with 2 years.
Preferred Additional Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- Experience in government contracting environment
- 4+ years’ experience with Microsoft office (Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint)
- ASC 606 Revenue Recognition
- Experience with Peoplesoft Contracts / Projects
- Strong interpersonal skills for working in a team environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills for interacting with varying levels of management
- Must be detailed-oriented, proactive, with sound organizational skills
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.