Security Support D
Rochester, New YorkJob ID SAS20211404-59727
What makes a successful Business and Operations team member at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
My favorite part of working for L3Harris is knowing that the parts that I procure go into products that help save lives.Lizzie, Procurement Associate, Rochester, NY
L3Harris Work Perks
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Security Support Specialist
Job Code: SAS20211404-59727
Job Location: Rochester, NY
Under limited supervision must maintain total awareness and understanding of all IC personnel security policies, procedures and work instructions in collaboration with team members and continually evaluate them to identify issues requiring updates and/or revision as well as provide corrective action and impetus to management decisions and approvals.
- Maintain total awareness and understanding of all IC personnel security policies, procedures and work instructions.
- Provide on-site administrative support for programs of national importance.
- Maintain proficiency with personnel security record applications within SIMS security database and general use and application of all others.
- Administer, address and complete personnel security requirements with employees/contractors regarding issues, report preparation, and clearance/access maintenance for briefed employees
- Maintains current files and employs initiative in establishing new files, as necessary, in a manner enabling easy retrieval of information.
- Responsible for coordination and communication of foreign travel policy. In implementation of foreign travel policy, subject will review foreign travel coordination SharePoint dashboard to ensure employees are abiding by security guidelines.
- Responsible for communicating foreign travel/contacts policy to personnel and transposing foreign contacts/travel reporting to various customers through their specific process.
- Files forms, records, reports, paperwork, mail, etc. in alphabetical or time sequenced order such that information is easily retrieved.
- Performs security related specialized tasks and miscellaneous administrative duties as directed by supervision.
- High School Diploma or equivalent and a minimum of 8 years of working in an supporting admin, office manager or security support role or 2 years post-Secondary/Associates Degree with a minimum of 4 years of prior related experience.
- 2+ years’ experience with computer skills including the use of Microsoft Office (i.e. Word, PowerPoint, Excel) and Outlook.
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Active Top Secret/SCI security clearance
- Associates degree in Security Administration or related field
- Accomplished oral and written communication skills.
- Highly organized with ability to manage multiple priorities and time sensitive deliverables
- Hands on, self-starting, disciplined and detail-oriented individual with ability to work independently in a high-volume environment.
- Efficient, proactive, responsive team player
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.