Fraud Awareness Message
Fraudsters have been known to attempt to use our name to trick job seekers with fake employment opportunities. This type of scam is normally carried out through fake websites, job postings, chat applications, or email accounts claiming to be from L3Harris. To help spot these scams, remember that during our formal recruitment process, L3Harris will NOT (1) ask you for money; (2) offer to send you a check before doing any work; (3) require you to provide sensitive personal information early in the process or sensitive information about your previous employer; (4) send you emails from free commercial services (e.g. Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail).
If you have been contacted by anyone representing themselves as being from L3Harris and are concerned about their legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at staffing@L3Harris.com .
If you believe you have been scammed, contact local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission here. L3Harris has no responsibility for fraudulent job offers and advises candidates to follow the guidance provided above.
Quality Technician B
Rochester, New YorkJob ID CS20210109-68606
What makes a successful Business and Operations team member at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
My favorite part of working for L3Harris is knowing that the parts that I procure go into products that help save lives.Lizzie, Procurement Associate, Rochester, NY
L3Harris Work Perks
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Quality Technician B
Job Code: CS20210109-68606
Job Location: Rochester, NY
- Responsible for performing functions associated with Quality Audit on all manufacturing products.
- Tests and Inspects radios and radio systems to ensure proper functionality under user-case conditions.
- Performs Visual and Mechanical inspection. Documents findings in Harris information systems and databases.
- Will be required to search for radio and sales order information in Oracle and Agile.
- Uses sophisticated electronic equipment to collect and evaluate operating data necessary for the successful operation of the unit.
- Utilizes knowledge of mechanical assembly process to identify defects in workmanship and/or performance
- Works with engineering to clarify defects found and assist in recreating failure and diagnosing to root cause.
- Creates or updates radio test plans for new or existing radios with help from group leader or other team members.
- Works manufacturing to provide defect information to help resolve quality issues.
- High School diploma with a minimum of four years quality work experience or AA-AS degree and 0-2 years quality experience.
- 1+ yrs experience with advanced electronic testing procedures including high band UHF protocols and ANW2 networking applications.
- 1+ yrs experience setting up equipment to conduct these tests.
- 2+ years of prior electronic work experience.
- 1+ yrs experience using computer based documentation programs (Oracle, QAD, Excel, Word).
- 1+ yrs work experience using power meters, spectrum analyzers, RF generators, and oscilloscopes.
- Ability to work independently or in a group setting
- Communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Experience in Radio operation and use desired.
- Strong Mechanical and Analytical Ability required.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively, both independently and in team situations.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills (verbal and written).
- RF/Radio or related communications experience preferred.
- Ability to manipulate products up to ~18lbs.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.