Fraud Awareness Message
Fraudsters have been known to attempt to use our name to trick job seekers with fake employment opportunities. This type of scam is normally carried out through fake websites, job postings, chat applications, or email accounts claiming to be from L3Harris. To help spot these scams, remember that during our formal recruitment process, L3Harris will NOT (1) ask you for money; (2) offer to send you a check before doing any work; (3) require you to provide sensitive personal information early in the process or sensitive information about your previous employer; (4) send you emails from free commercial services (e.g. Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail).
If you have been contacted by anyone representing themselves as being from L3Harris and are concerned about their legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at staffing@L3Harris.com .
If you believe you have been scammed, contact local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission here. L3Harris has no responsibility for fraudulent job offers and advises candidates to follow the guidance provided above.
Salt Lake City, UtahJob ID CS20222012-94964
What makes a successful Business and Operations team member at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
My favorite part of working for L3Harris is knowing that the parts that I procure go into products that help save lives.Lizzie, Procurement Associate, Rochester, NY
L3Harris Work Perks
- Medical with a High Deductible and traditional PPO plan options, as well as, vision and a full array of supplemental health benefits
- A doctors' service to help with referrals and second opinions for you, your family, and parents
- 4 weeks of paid parental leave for moms and dads
- Fertility treatment
- Subsidized backup childcare and eldercare
- Adoption assistance - $5,000 per adoption/$15,000 per employee
- Pet insurance
- No cap to your PTO time (for exempt employees)
- Dress for your day - wear what works for you at work
- Legal plan for you, your family, and parents
- Discount platform
- 9/80 work schedule available for most U.S. employees, effective October 24, 2022.
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across space, air, land, sea and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 47,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Title: Program Management
Location: Salt Lake City, UT
Job Code: CS20222012-94964
L3Harris is seeking an experienced Program Manager to lead multi-functional teams in the proposal and execution of Space Networks programs and pursuits.
The Program Manager directs all phases of programs from pursuit, to proposal, contract award, and execution of awarded programs. These programs involve engagements with US Government organizations as well as commercial partnerships. A technical background with experience leading development programs is strongly preferred for this position. The Program Manager is responsible for the cost, schedule, and technical performance of assigned programs, proposals, and pursuits by leading teams including Program Management, Engineering, Operations, Contracts, Legal, Finance, Quality, Security, and others. Program Managers are expected to demonstrate team building, leadership, and communication skills by building relationships of trust with their teams, customers, peers, and leadership, and to effectively communicate with confidence, including regular presentations and status updates to leadership.
- Lead cross-functional teams in the execution of program requirements including Program Managements, Engineering, Operations/Manufacturing, Contracts, Finance, Quality, Security, etc. Build teams based on trust, efficiency, and accountability.
- Lead teams in the execution of contracts, proposals, and pursuits.
- Utilize Earned Value Management System (EVMS) methodology and tools to plan and execute programs, including identification and mitigation of cost, schedule, and technical risks.
- Identify continuous improvement and cost reduction opportunities.
- Coordinate with customers to identify new opportunities and resolve issues throughout the program lifecycle.
- Provide concise reports to management on status, potential issues, risks, and recommended courses of action.
- Lead proposal teams to define and develop competitive, winning proposals.
- Analyze contract requirements, special provisions, terms, and conditions to ensure compliance with appropriate laws, regulations, corporate policies, and business unit procedures.
- Posses good interpersonal skills with the ability to effectively communicate (verbally and in writing) to customers, other stakeholders, supporting teams, all levels of management.
- Effectively balance program plans, risks, and opportunities with executable strategies to meet requirements on budget.
- Lead meetings and reviews, tracking resulting action items to closure.
- Identify risks and develop risk mitigation strategies and/or corrective action plans.
- Comprehend complex program and interdependencies and be able to provide clear consistent priorities to supporting teams
- Manage multiple programs at any one time with the ability to multi-task and communicate on a daily basis for status reporting.
- Demonstrate the highest level of ethics and integrity.
- Participate in the negotiation of contracts and contract changes, with the ability to identify and work toward win-win solutions.
- Logically analyze problems to seek understanding of the root cause of the problem, including broad-based consideration of relevant variables.
- Other duties as assigned
- Ability to obtain and maintain a DoD security clearance.
- Ability to travel on occasion and as needed (10%)
- Experience with the entire MS Office Suite: Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint
- Bachelor’s Degree and minimum 6 years of prior relevant experience. Graduate Degree and a minimum of 4 years of prior related experience.
- Technical background with experience leading development programs.
- Knowledge of existing L3H BCS processes, tools, technologies, and products.
- Active security clearance.
- Hands-on experience in Earned Value Management System (EVMS) methodology and tools to monitor program execution, report status, and manage risks.
- Experience managing programs or projects within the DoD environment
- Knowledgeable in FAR/DFAR/ITAR requirements and the ability to communicate issues, impacts, and corrective action plans to the team.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.