Production Support D
Rochester, New YorkJob ID CS20212502-57158
What makes a successful Business and Operations team member at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
My favorite part of working for L3Harris is knowing that the parts that I procure go into products that help save lives.Lizzie, Procurement Associate, Rochester, NY
L3Harris Work Perks
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Production Support D
Job Code: CS20212502-57158
Job Location: Rochester, NY
- Efficiently process work orders issued by production planning:
- Complete work orders in accordance with priority (product, spares)
- Complete any necessary prep work in advance to avoid process delays
- Execute the build in accordance with the standard routing and instruction (PD)
- Minimize down time during processing (material, tools, etc.)
- Lead / minimize down time caused by line changeovers
- Replenish make item
subassemblies when needed / signaled
- Complete work in a timely manner (meet CAPPLAN, minimize aged work orders)
- Motivate / hold the individuals and the team accountable for productivity
- Allocate work to Assemblers on receiving Work Schedule from Supervisor and allocate a completion date for each job.
- Meet productivity targets for the product / line.
- Promote / deliver high quality work:
- Assists operators by answering questions and demonstrating operations. Spot checks product to ensure quality levels are maintained. Only trained operators performing the work (training matrix, qual card)
- Stop the line and correct issues when quality is ‘out-of-control’
- Motivate / hold the individuals and the team accountable for quality
- Meet quality objectives for the product / line (DPMO, yield, etc.)
- Adhere to Harris Manufacturing System process standards:Ensure System Integrity (Oracle, PeopleSoft):
- Productivity tracking
- Quality control plans
- Leader Standard Work
- Kamishibai Process Control / TPM
- Qual Cards, 5S, Shelf Life, Calibration, etc. Drive Continual Improvement (HBX):
- Encourage just-do-it improvement (‘Fix what is bugging’ the team)
- Encourage use of the yellow action list to address issues and drive action
- Drive waste elimination (kaizen philosophy)
- Production Scans
- Quality Data - Defect Entry / Troubleshoot Inputs
- Inventory Transfers
- Help the Team:
- Communicate (production huddles, etc.)
- Flexible schedule and ability to work overtime to meet customer promise dates
- High School Diploma or equivalent and a minimum of 8 years of prior relevant experience or 2 years post-Secondary/Associates Degree with a minimum of 4 years of prior related experience
- Open to either 2nd shift or weekend shift
- Professional communication skills and ability to work through challenging problems with internal customers.
- The individual must have above average collaboration skills and comfortable with priorities which change constantly.
- The person must have working knowledge of Oracle.
- Act as a team leader with the ability to delegate tasks and increase overall productivity.
- Confidence and ability to make recommendations for solving complex inventory problems act as a team leader.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.