L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Principal, Quality
Job Code: CS20200710-51514
Job Location: Rochester, NY
L3Harris has an opportunity for an individual to drive quality upfront in the Cost of Poor Quality (COPQ) and Zero Defect Planning (ZDP) Processes within Communication Systems Segment Quality team. We are seeking a high energy individual that is passionate about quality, can teach/coach teams to deliver to our customers faster and higher business results.
- Works collaboratively across Segment, Sector Functions, and with L3Harris Corporate Quality to leverage and implement Quality best practices in areas of: Process, Systems and Tools that drive synergy and improve business efficiency and execution.
- Create and deploy Zero Defect “Built In Quality” Lifecycle Tool box to promote Right First Time Quality culture driven by escape prevention and customer success
- Implement and manage centralized Quality Process and Performance management system and/or repository to house aligned processes, tools, templates, training, Zero Defect plans, etc.
- Drive Cost of Poor Quality (COPQ) strategy and reduction across Segment
- Prepare and present Executive level Quality Performance inputs for key Leadership Reviews
- Integrate with key high leverage programs to facilitate APQP events
- Teach/coach APQP/PPAP, FMEA, Visual factory for quality, RRCA, SPC, MSA and other related quality tools
- Promotes and leads a RCCA culture.
- Develop and implement a company culture of personal accountability. Deployment of Lean/6 sigma manufacturing, employee effectiveness and improved facility utilization strategies to achieve the overall business objectives associated with safety, quality, delivery, cost, and customer satisfaction.
- Ability to travel 25% and upwards as necessary
- Bachelor’s Degree and a minimum of 12 years of prior relevant experience. Graduate Degree and a minimum of 10 years of prior related experience.
- 10+ Years of Experience in Quality, Engineering, and Operations leadership
- Quality Assurance and Operational Excellence background
- Experience leading teams both direct and indirect
- Experience with Failure Mode Effects Analysis (e.g. DFMEA, PFMEA)
- Experience with continuous improvement related analysis tools
- Advanced knowledge of Quality Engineering and Advanced Quality principles (Six Sigma methodology, Cost of Poor Quality, Root Cause/Corrective Action, DMAIC, Design for Manufacturability).
- Strong hands-on experience creating and deploying standardization in a matrixed environment
- Exceptional Interpersonal skills – Engaging communicator, strong collaboration skills, patience and open minded
- Influential Leader – Able to influence at all levels of the organization including Senior Leadership
- Experience at Coaching and Teaching Quality principles – Expertise in key areas of Quality management and ability to develop and train to standards and tools
- Certified Six Sigma Green, Black Belt, Master Black Belt, and/or ASQ Certified Quality Engineer a plus
- Direct work experience in teaching quality disciples
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.
No Recently Viewed Jobs
- Quality Technician B Rochester, New York
- Quality Engineer (New Grad - Rochester, NY) Rochester, New York
- Sr Spec, Supplier Quality Engineering - Machine & Fabrication Expertise Victor, New York, Ronkonkoma, New York, Rochester, New York, North Amityville, New York, New York, New York, Hauppauge, New York, New York, New York, Binghamton, New York, Albany, New York