Principal, Program Management
Rochester, New YorkJob ID SAS20212403-58597
What makes a successful Business and Operations team member at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
My favorite part of working for L3Harris is knowing that the parts that I procure go into products that help save lives.Lizzie, Procurement Associate, Rochester, NY
L3Harris Work Perks
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Senior Program Manager
Job Code: SAS20212403-58597
Job Location: Rochester, NY
Responsible for leading and managing the development and deployment of systems and services for the Skywatch program within L3Harris Space and Airborne Systems to deliver advanced, technology-based solutions that solve government and commercial customers’ mission-critical challenges.
- Responsible for managing and driving key performance indicators of cost, schedule and technical performance requirements of a complex technical program through the life-cycle phases of development, implementation and operations to meet and exceed revenue and profit objectives.
- Maintain an integrated master schedule, managing development and test to a technical baseline, and maintains an active and proactive risk management program.
- Responsible for budget management and financial execution of the program.
- Develop and manage programmatic and financial forecasts.
- Prepare proposals, business plans, proposal work statements and specifications, operating budget and financial terms/conditions of contract.
- Responsible for managing a collaborative work environment with the customer to achieve business objectives.
- Drive long-term business strategy.
- Drive continuous improvements in operations performance to improve customer satisfaction, reduce project schedules, lower costs and increase quality.
- Works with customers to determine needs, requirements and new business opportunities, and then directs the preparation of proposals, business plans, proposal work statements and specifications to meet those needs.
- Ensures that all resources such as engineering, manpower, production and facilities are available to support the program for tactical and strategic objectives.
- Directs the work of employees assigned to the program from technical, manufacturing and administrative areas.
- Interacts internally with management and customers on significant business matters.
- Fully understand customer mission gaps, constraints and objectives.
- Bachelor’s Degree and a minimum of 12 years of prior program management experience OR Graduate Degree and a minimum of 10 years of prior program managment experience.
- Current Active TS/SCI Clearance REQUIRED
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Strong leader
- Ability to manage and analyze budgets and cost controls
- Risk management
- Critical thinker
- Task manager
- PMP Certification
- Program Management experience with the United States Air Force
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.