Fraud Awareness Message
Fraudsters have been known to attempt to use our name to trick job seekers with fake employment opportunities. This type of scam is normally carried out through fake websites, job postings, chat applications, or email accounts claiming to be from L3Harris. To help spot these scams, remember that during our formal recruitment process, L3Harris will NOT (1) ask you for money; (2) offer to send you a check before doing any work; (3) require you to provide sensitive personal information early in the process or sensitive information about your previous employer; (4) send you emails from free commercial services (e.g. Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail).
If you have been contacted by anyone representing themselves as being from L3Harris and are concerned about their legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at staffing@L3Harris.com .
If you believe you have been scammed, contact local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission here. L3Harris has no responsibility for fraudulent job offers and advises candidates to follow the guidance provided above.
Optical Engineer Masters Grad (New Grad-Rochester, NY)
Job ID SAS20211507-65355
What makes a successful Intern at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Problem Solver
- Technologically Savvy
I completed two summer internships at L3Harris before transitioning to a full-time role. I was able to learn firsthand about the engineering process, the quality of products produced, the helpfulness of my co-workers, how the company operates and the potential to expand my career.Jason, Electrical Engineer, Rochester, NY
L3Harris Work Perks
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Optical Engineer Master's (New Grad )
Job Code: SAS20211507-65355
Job Location: Remote
The primary role of this position is to provide optical engineering support for design and analysis on various aerospace programs. These programs include weather and other space imaging systems ranging from the visible to LWIR regions of the EM radiation spectrum.
- Design, analyze, modify, test and evaluate optical communications systems and subsystem level components.
- Design, analyze, modify, test and evaluate RF Photonic systems and subsystem level components.
- Optical design/modeling
- Systems trade studies
- Analysis of remote sensing infrared and visible space qualified systems.
- Recent practical experience with Zemax and familiarity with both Code-V and FRED software
- Familiarity with metrology lab equipment
- Utilize modeling tools and equipment to establish operating data, conduct experimental tests, and evaluate results.
- Select components and equipment based on analysis of specifications and reliability.
- Perform simulations and present design reviews to peer engineers.
- Work with a technical leader on Integrated Product Teams (IPTs) and ensure successful outcome through program milestones.
- Master’s degree in Optical Engineering, Electrical Engineering with Optics Focus, Physics or related field
- Knowledge of photonics systems and components
- Experience with designing, analyzing, modifying, testing and evaluating optical communications systems and subsystem level components.
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Digital Lightwave Communications: Physical layer systems, components (EDFA, Modulators, SFPs, Switches, etc.) , and modules for optical communication systems
- Familiarity with optical tools such as Zemax, Code V, and FRED desired
- Coherent RF Photonics: Transport and processing of analog signals (radar, wireless communications, etc.) on optical systems
- Photonic Integrated Circuits: Improving Size Weight and Power (SWaP) for photonics systems utilizing photonic integrated circuits
- Optical multi-input multi-output (MIMO) digital signal processing (DSP): Improving optical system throughput and bit error rate (BER) using post processing techniques
- Photonic Modeling: Ability to model photonic systems using one or more of the following software packages: MATLAB, OptSim, BeamProp, Zemax, HFSS
- TS/SCI with poly preferred
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.