Rochester, New York; North Amityville, New York; Albany, New YorkJob ID CS20211503-58060
What makes a successful Business and Operations team member at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
My favorite part of working for L3Harris is knowing that the parts that I procure go into products that help save lives.Lizzie, Procurement Associate, Rochester, NY
L3Harris Work Perks
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title – Operations Manager
Job Location – Rochester, NY
Job Code – CS20211503-58060
Operations Manager role, leading the Vigilance Factory operations team in the production of all Vigilance products. Ensure highest quality products are produced, while achieving operational and financial objectives as well as creating an inclusive, engaged, constantly developing team.
- Supervise direct reports and provide leadership to drive operation excellence
- Overall responsibility of day-to-day operations for all Vigilance products
- Work closely with contractor staffing firm to level load direct labor team increase and decreases based on business demands
- Work directly with support team on improvements within processes, systems, solutions, or products to ensure product integrity and reliability meets the customers’ needs
- Manage activities of a multi-shift organization
- Manage the team’s focus on policy and strategy implementation
- Establish operational plans with measurable contribution towards the achievement of results of the job function
- Focus on short-term operational plans (e.g. less than 1 year)
- Provide measurable input of new products, processes or standards in operational plans that will have some impact on the achievement of overall functional results
- Report to Senior Manager or higher
- Properly allocates resources and capacity needs to support AOP, financial objective
- Improve operational throughput via systems, processes and lean initiatives
- Manage production inventory levels
- Ensure materials and labor resources are available to meet production schedules and customer requirements
- Manage factory change validation process, collaborate with engineering to mitigate risk
- Support EH&S initiatives
- Manage overtime and production order variances
- Ensure compliance to 5s + 1 processes
- Establish and modify operational methods and procedures
- Ensure the team is well-trained, flexible and focused on quality
- Ability to lead a cross-functional team to address challenges and to make process improvements
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field plus 9 years of experience or Master’s Degree plus 7 years of experience
- 5+ years management experience in a manufacturing environment
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- A track record of success and continuous improvements
- Strong leadership, delegation, negotiation and problem-solving skills
- Familiarity with six sigma and lean tools
- Strong team work and collaboration skills
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.